MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
I would like to see that. I was going to buy a Dyna Wide Glide (mini apes) and then I got smart and bought my Raider.
55Mike

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've been thinking about going with some but not quite that extreme. I'd like a set is not quite as high but will let sit back further in the seat. But I do like the look of those. Definitly gives it that chopper look.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Not for me, but thats what makes this so much fun. Every1 likes diffrent things!

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dont Like ape hangers. Waiting on crusercustomizing to send my order on the bags. Will post pics if you want if I ever get them. They dont like spliting orders and one item is on back order. if they dont come soon Im cancelling the backirdered Item

·
Registered
267 Posts
I think ape hangers is a bad bad bad idea for the Raider.

G

·
The Raider is more closely styled like the "Pro-Street" bikes.
Not the old school tall choppers, or the old fashioned "bobbers"
I prefer the long low Pro-Street Style.

The Big Dog Mastiff is a good example. (of course that's about 30k)

And the Iron Horse Slammer (that's about 40k)

I'll take my 14k Raider any day!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Hell, If we are just taking.......I will take all 3 please :icon10: :icon10: :icon10:

·
Registered
11 Posts
I totally agree with VtwinWS6 about the not-so-extreme mini or micro ape-hangers....not so much for the high look, just enough to let me sit further back in the seat and more upright the way God intended it. I don't want to have the hands high - just want a comfortable back bone that doesn't have to streach forward so much! Right on VtwinWS6! Does anyone have any good ideas where to purchase so I can have my shop order one!
Many, many thanks
Rod

·
Registered
292 Posts
To each their own - .......
Personally, I'd like to bring the bars about 1 1/2 inches closer to me, but maybe that's just my height or weight or....hmmmmm............not sure aht to make of it.
2300 miles now - all on stock bars.
One of my dearest friends (BlueFalcon) rides with aphangers on his VTX 1800. I never would have imagined, but he really likes them. Personally I always thought it was just for badass Harley riders looking to make a rebel statement, but after riding with Brian - and feeling both confortable and confident riding beside him, I now realize that some people are actually more comfortable with ape hangers.

Still not for me, but.................

1 - 15 of 15 Posts