MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
ok so here is the deal....going to SD in about 3 weeks and i need a sissy bar for my girl and to put my t-pack on....i ordered the quick detachable yamaha stuff and it says its on back order... i figure no big deal might just take a week or so....i call the guy and its been on backorder since feburary and he has 5 orders infront of me :eek: you got to be kidding me.... so i was thinking i could get the cobra stuff use it for a month then sell it to one of you guys for say...10% off plus shipping to you.... anyone interested? would save 10% if you are thinking about getting it anyways thats a good deal.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Which setup are you looking at?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Hey Salvage, I put one on my S about 5 K ago and like it alot-----for the dif. in price I really think it is the way to go. It looks a whole lot like the soft tail style bar and bolts up in a flash. But, I have yet to see the 700$ jap bar --- It may look a bunch better, the price sure is. Single Dad, got to look at price now and then!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Don't get too excited about ordering the Cobra sissy bar.....I just tried to order mine from directline and got the e-mail today saying they are on backorder until the end of June. That was for the Cobra "short". I already have the Cobra "mini" on my Raider and really like it. My wife thinks it is too short for a long ride we have coming up so I was going to order the next size taller, plus it would probably handle my luggage pack better. If you find a Cobra "short" sissy bar and pad in stock let me know.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I've got the Cobra Standard (17") on my Raider. My wife loves it and says it's very comfortable. I think it looks pretty cool. I do wish the bracket that connects to the fender support flowed better with the lines of the bike but all in all I'm pretty happy with it. I got mine at Mean Cycles for $219.

·
Registered
273 Posts
I tried to order the tall one today through my dealer. Not available until July 26th or 28th or something like that.
Mike

·
Registered
219 Posts
I have the short sissy bar and luggage rack sitting on my office floor.

I could not get the sissy bar to work with my EasyBrackets. So, they probably will end up on ebay.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts