MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I am trying to get rid of the stock passenger pillon because I ride solo 85% of the time or more, but the ol lady wants to go every now and again and she got pissed off when I told her I was removing the Passenger seat. I love the looks of the Raider with the solo but to keep the war department on standby I am looking for a compromise.
I found these Phantom Pads that attach with suction cups to the rear fender, from the limited reviews I have found they keep hold very well and do not slip. I am curious on the quality of the product and whether it will scratch the fender as well as the comfort of the pad itself. It will just be for around town rides nothing overly long so as long as they are moderatley comfortable I will be happy with it. Whether she will be is another story :icon_wink: They have several diffrent models and a new one with an air bladder in it. If any of you have used one and could offer an opinion I would greatly appreciate it.
Here is the link to their site
http://www.fortune3.com/PhantomPad/

on the left hand side you can choose the phantom pad drop down to see the various products.

Thanks again you guys are great.
Eian

·
Registered
538 Posts
After looking at those pads I had an idea. You can remove all the brackets from the stock passenger seat and then replace all the rubber bumpers with suction cups you buy at the hardware store and save yourself $150!

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How would you suggest attaching the suction cups to the factory seat.

·
Registered
266 Posts
I've got one and it is awesome. It sticks really well. I have the low profle one from the Drag book.

Brent

·
Registered
538 Posts
eian31 said:
How would you suggest attaching the suction cups to the factory seat.
If you pull out the rubber bumpers on the rear stock seat, go get the suction cups and you would be able to force the top part of the suction cups up into the holes where the rubber bumpers were.
I did this on my warrior, i had a newer warrior and wanted to use the older seat but I didn't want to re-drill the fender so on the back of the older seat I pulled out the rubber bumpers and used suction cups. It really held and was hard to get off.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
phantom pad

sweet I think I may try this tonight!!! Thanks for the idea

1 - 6 of 6 Posts