MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

This is what's going on. Saturday I start the bike and let it idle while I suit up for a ride. I back it out of the garage and put it into gear and the engine stalled (It would not start in gear with the clutch pulled). I put it back into neutral, fire it up and do it all over again and off I went. Sunday is where I had a bitch of a time...same procedure as before BUT couldn't get into first without the engine stalling. Did this for about 20 minutes before I let it rest. The bike has only 74 miles and this morning I'm going to call the dealership and have it picked up. I'm thinking the clutch plates are sticking? Does anybody have a take on it?

·
Registered
562 Posts
Shouldn't be a big deal for the dealer. There is a safety switch to prevent accidental starting in gear without the clutch disengaged also prevents bike from being ridden with kistand down.

·
Registered
267 Posts
it has to be the kickstand. i am almost 100% sure.

·
Registered
326 Posts
i agree with everyone else if it was clutch plates sticking it would go into gerar and not go nowhere

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good call guys!

The technicain came over and within minutes it was good as new. Then I proceeded to log on 50 more miles:)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts