MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I start my Rider's Edge course tomorrow night with the actual riding parts on Saturday and Sunday. And since the Raider is still at the top of my list assuming all goes well this weekend and you fellas seem like quite the friendly bunch so far, thought I'd put it to the experts...any last minute advice for a newbie going in? ...aside from keeping the shiny side up and the rubber side down, of course, and aside from advice on which color to buy!!! 8)

Assuming I pass and like it and get myself a shiny new Raider, I can help Texas to further solidify their lead in the membership directory :D

·
Registered
373 Posts
three words, listen, listen listen. These guys know their stuff. Take all the advice and soak it in. And always remember that riding around cones is a lot different than riding on the open road. Be Safe, Be careful, and above all watch out for that idiot in the cage that doesn't see you.

·
Registered
220 Posts
I agree with WaRaider. Listen to your instructors and be respectful of them. They have a lot of knowledge to share and from my experience they don't put up much with those who don't pay attention or come in cocky like they know everything.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Being a Rider Coach and owner of a safety school here in Florida I can tell you a few phrases you will most likely hear through out the course...

1. Keep your head and eyes up, don't look at the cones.
2. Steady throttle.
3. Eassssssssssssssssse the clutch into the friction zone.
4. Four fingers on the front brake or clutch.
5. Don't cover the front brake.

As for tips, like the other guys said, pay attention! There is alot of information flowing through out the course and it's important to soak up as much as you can. After the course gain as much experience as you can while employing the techniques you have learned, we have had quite a few former students approach us after their course and thank us for "saving their lives", I served ten years as an Air Force cop and deployed countless times and I can tell you with 100% certainty that teaching people how to ride has been the most rewarding thing I have ever done. Lemme know how it goes for ya

Al

One more tip, relax and have a great time!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts