MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wondering if anyone has heard if we are waiting til there is 100 signatures or if we have sent it already? I would love those pipes!!! ;D COME ON V&H!!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
You, me and currently.. 83 others.

The question of when... will need to be answered by NJRaider.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
I'm going to be sending it in the next day or so.

I'm currently finishing up the hard copy - basically just wording it properly, dotting the i's, crossing the t's. I also sent a copy to Jeff Palhegyi to see if I can get any feedback.

My next step is to make several calls to V&H and make sure I get the right contacts so that it ends up in the right hands (keep your fingers crossed).

Also, it's my intention to keep it going after I send it in - if more people want to add their names, there's no reason why we can't keep it open. It's important for all the aftermarket companies to know our interest in issues affecting this motorcycle.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank for the update NJ... I think I can speak for everyone in thanking you for all the work you are doing with the petition and the site!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
I too would like to give Luke a big :thumbup: :beer2:. And I'm not normally a cup's half empty type of guy, but it sure sounds like V&H will drop the ball on this one. If I have to hear it's just way too loud one more time I'm gonna :kboom:. Why can't someone else take this "design idea", not copy the originals, and come up with a Big Radius pipe that has a full heat shield and is shorter than the Swepts? I want that "future" chromed wheel to not have anything that takes away from it. Just pisses me off when I've gotta settle. I'm even looking at the staggered dragsters. Talk about a 180. Common' V&H, Sh*t, I'll pay ya part in advance if you want to make sure you'll sell them. :DirtDOG: :swear: :baldy: :censored:

G

·
Ok, I looked on the V&H site.
What are these then???

Sure looks like they can build those pipes for other bikes!
Why not for the Raider?
Looks like they didn't have a "too loud" problem with these pipes???????

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Vintage -

EXACTLY!

Your comment is precisely why I called BS on the "loud" concept from the earlier post. If they can design a baffle for that pipe (Big Radius 2-into-2), they can certainly make one here.

In the hard copy of the petition, I elude to the fact that their expertise in manufacturing the BR 2-2 should make building this pipe for the Raider a breeze.

Not to mention that Jeff Palhegyi literally stated "I made the pipe from Vance & Hines components" - so the materials, technology, ability etc, are already there. All it requires at this point is the willingness to do so.

I'm makin' my calls today...

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Lets keep our fingers crossed that NJ gets ahold of the best person.
Loved the last pic vintage!!! :ImaPoser: roflmao

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
It's done fellas -

Got one of their sales guys on the phone, spoke for a while and sent over the petition and my letter. I'm not done yet though, and I'll continue to follow up.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
NJRaider said:
It's done fellas -

Got one of their sales guys on the phone, spoke for a while and sent over the petition and my letter. I'm not done yet though, and I'll continue to follow up.
NJ, any feeling you got from the sales guy on how well it might work?

·
Registered
343 Posts
:clap2:
NJRaider said:
It's done fellas -

Well hopefully you will here something soon. If you need more help, let us know. i'll be more than happy to help out to get some of those pipes.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
alsmith_54 said:
NJ, any feeling you got from the sales guy on how well it might work?
It's interesting - when we first got on the phone, I got the standard "we're not making them, metric owners don't want that sound level" response. However, he wasn't aware of our site or the petition, which we then spoke about for a bit. Among other things, we discussed the fact that Raider owners WANT volume - we're yanking baffles out of the Cobras, buying Morton's and drilling our stockers.
He was certainly willing to listen and took a look at the site while I had in on the phone, so we'll have to see.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I am interested in the big radius 2 into 2 also. My neighbor has them on his harley rocker and they sound awesome. I think they would sound even better on raider with its 113 compared to the harleys 96 cubes. I have looked over and over at the cobra swepts but they just go too far back on the bike for my liking. Come on V and H!! Give us the 2 into 2's with removable baffles!!

·
Registered
499 Posts
Six degrees of separation:
Six degrees of separation refers to the idea that, if a person is one step away from each person he or she knows and two steps away from each person who is known by one of the people he or she knows, then everyone is an average of six "steps" away from each person on Earth.

Somebody on our forum must know somebody, who knows somebody... at V&H that we can get the petition into their hands, other than a salesman.

Anybody?

G

·
I found another picture of them:

I want them.... bad..... very bad......

My stock pipes are covering up my chrome rear wheel!
Unacceptable!!!!!

·
Registered
236 Posts
How freakin' sweet are those, imagine the paint matched chin spoiler and reaper front fender....talk about a head turner.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts