MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering, as the question was raised on the other forum. Is there any easier method to adjusting the drive belt properly? The manual's method seems simple enough, but I was wondering if some of you just "wing" it by feel, or some other method?

·
Registered
155 Posts
I sure would like to find an easier way. It was a pain in the butt. I had to work around my pipes, which was the hard part. If your exhaust extends to the point where you cover your axle nut, good luck.....
Oh, and I used a belt tension gauge to get the proper tension and a dirt bike/quad jack to lift the rear of the bike. Best of luck.

Brian

·
Registered
220 Posts
jymmyjaymes said:
Some guys are going by chain slack, 1\2 to 3\4 inch, top to bottom. Sounds reasonable enough to me.
A chain is an entirely different beast than a belt. I would advise against doing anything like this. I almost amazed that people will do this... seeing as how the proper "spec" is in your manual!!!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.