MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 49 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I read on another Raider forum a couple of weeks back that a company by the name of Custom LED was looking for a Raider taillight to prototype. I volunteered and sent them mine. Come to find out, the Warrior circuit board is the same as the Raider's, so they already had a product that works. The main thing that caught my eye with their product was the use of yellow LEDs for the turn signals. They also utilize a feature that "strobes" your brake light when you first apply the brakes. The stock tail has 16 LEDs. They use 32 red LEDs and 32 yellow LEDs in their tail. And they are BRIGHT. I just installed it today and can tell you it is brighter and more attention grabbing than the stock setup by far.

I tried to capture it on video, but my digicam is showing it's age and does not do the product justice.

Anywho, here is the makeshift video that I made. Again, it does no justice to the brightness of this light. Also, the brake/tail LEDs are RED. The signal LEDs are YELLOW. The video colors are all mucked up.

http://98.130.62.80/temp/2008raider.wmv

A link to their site:

http://www.customled.com/

·
Registered
826 Posts
Did you do the install or was yours done during R&D? It looks like it is a bit involved, cutting the stock tailight apart and smashing lenses with a metal object. I read the instructions and was wondering if it was as bad as it sounded in the instructions.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
No, I didn't have to do the circuit board install on mine, but I did read the instructions they have posted on their site. Sounds worse than it is, I'm sure. I've done similar mods with pickup headlights before where you put them in an oven for awhile to soften the glue and whatnot. I'm sure with a little patience it can be done pretty easily.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Checked out tail light and like it. I will be ordering mine soon and instructions seem detailed and should be easy to do with some time.

·
Registered
373 Posts
I like this version a lot better. But I would be nervous about tearing up the stock light. you screw it up and no telling how long it would take to get a new one from Yammi.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
If you're nervous about hacking into your bike's taillight, I bought a spare from the local Yamaha dealer to use while Custom LED had mine. $65 and I had it in less than a week. Now I gotta see if they'll take it back! :icon10:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I installed a integrated tail light on my 05 R1 from these guys and the install is very simple. I did most of my work with a dremel. It took me a hour to get it open, install the new circuit board, and then install it back on my bike.

·
Registered
826 Posts
RaiderP90 said:
I installed a integrated tail light on my 05 R1 from these guys and the install is very simple. I did most of my work with a dremel. It took me a hour to get it open, install the new circuit board, and then install it back on my bike.
Good Info,
How did you like it? Any quality issues or anything like that?

Thanks

·
Registered
499 Posts
My dealership installed the Warrior intagrated tail light... finished it off beautifully and installed a side (chrome) mounded license plate holder (attached @ the chain guard w/light) before I drove it home.

They did a first class job.... ;D

·
Registered
59 Posts
Hey guys-
I'm new to the forum and have a Red Raider S. I've been looking @ the Custom LED & Performance Edge for the tail light assy. How much is the on from Custom LED?. I emailed them and haven't heard back yet.

·
Registered
373 Posts

·
Registered
155 Posts
:D I just completed the install on the LED integrated tail light and turn signals. The install is pretty simple over all. The directions explain step by step what to do. The only part that was a little nerve racking is cutting into the lens cover. Once you get through that, its smooth sailing. When glueing the cover back together, don't use a fast setting apoxy. It can get a bit messy, so take your time. I'm sure it took me longer that it will take some. I covered all wires with a shrink wrap and also installed the side mount plate bracket.
I recommend doing the install if you have the tools, time and a little patience. The brake light looks great, and no big bulky turn signals sticking out. Two thumbs up............ :coolsmiley:

1 - 20 of 49 Posts