MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need a alternator belt. Can I get on at a parts store or does it need to come form Boss Hoss. I tryed to crossover the number but it would not. If I can get form a parts store does anyone have the part #?

Thanks Tim

05 Small Block

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I took mine to the local OReillys[sp] and they hooked me right up Brother. BTW, mine was shredded from banging' my alternator on the street in a hard right turn. They took the numbers from it (one little frag that was left) and matched it. Get a good belt like a Gates while you're at it.

EAGLE!!!!!

·
Registered
925 Posts
i need a alternator belt. Can i get on at a parts store or does it need to come form boss hoss. I tryed to crossover the number but it would not. If i can get form a parts store does anyone have the part #?

Thanks tim

05 small block

7315 32 1/8 lg​

napa​

·
Registered
925 Posts
I need a alternator belt. Can I get on at a parts store or does it need to come form Boss Hoss. I tryed to crossover the number but it would not. If I can get form a parts store does anyone have the part #?

Thanks Tim

05 Small Block

Sorry Tim, mine is a BB. Didn't see the 05 sb on your post. Thats why I ride fast, I can't see. :eek:hyea:

·
Registered
2,365 Posts
I use a Dayco 15315. The 315 part of the number means it's 31.5 inches in circumference. It's a struggle to get it on but it leaves lots of adjustment to play with. You might have to go with a 15320 which is 32.0 inches in circumference.

I hope this helps.

Bryan

·
Registered
3,820 Posts
I usually take the alternator pulley off and put the belt in the pulley before putting the pulley back on the alternator to make it easier to get the belt on.

·
Registered
1,480 Posts
On my '02 I place the belt on the alternator, which is in a loosened position, and start the belt on the engine pully and hold in place with a long handle screwdriver and have Susan bump the starter button until the belt is seated.. Works for me!
Buck

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
I didn't provide a number because mine is lowered a bit to clear the custom oil pan. I have a couple of sizes on hand though for road trips and Bro's in need.

EAGLE!!!!!

·
Registered
868 Posts
I run the Gates 7315 on my 2001 SB (3/8" x 32 1/8"). It goes on much easier than the 7312 (3/8" x 31 5/8") and still has plenty of adjustment after it is broken in.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts