MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Folks,

Just wanted to let you know that metric adapters are not required to mount mirrors on our most awesome of bikes. If you remove the two screws that clamp each master cylinder you can thread after market mirrors from the underside thus eliminating those crappy adapters.

Check it out:

Sorry I couldn't get a closer shot...camer kept focusing on the workbench.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah, but just barely...not even noticeable, but enough to give me the correct viewing angle.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Rokr, who makes those grips you have on?

·
Registered
671 Posts
AWWW MAN, IS THAT A CRAFTSMAN SHOP VAC I SEE..... :icon10: , sorry fellas just in one of those stupid moods today
:amazon:

do they stick out as far as the stockers do?

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Grips are Flame Kurys;yes, craftsman shop vac; nope, they are a bit shorter...depends on the angle you choose since they are "teardrop."

·
Registered
826 Posts
Chauncy,
you have pics of those on your bike you can share? If you could post them I would appreciate it.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I went with flames as the seat is custom Corbin with flame stitching, the pegs, hiway pegs, grips and shift linkage are flames. I also have the chrome flame pushrod covers so overall, my flame stems flow perfectly with the theme of my bike, but that's the goal right? To make it yours. Now, just can't decide if I'm going with full on butane tru-fire paint job over the black or some sort of ghosting...decisions, decisions.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I'm in the process of finishing up some accent lighting and I have wires and peices all over my garage at the moment. Give me a couple of days and I'll post some pics.

·
Registered
13 Posts
If I was going to change the mirrors at this point I would go bigger. They work fine but you need to adjust them more often. They have to be just in the right spot to work.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts