MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
In my huble opinion, this is not a beginner's bike. True, the weight and balance are good. Performance is smooth from standstill through 130 moh. It's still not a good first bike. As much as no one wants to hear it, my honest feeling is that dirt riding experience is good and will teach you a lot. I've posted this on other boards and just recently heard several riding instructors say the same thing. I've said it for years. If you want to build riding skills and confidence, go play in the dirt for a while. Then get something in the 500-600 cc range for a few months - until you feel that you've out-grown it and finally go with a Raider or other Big Bike. I seriously doubt that any of us started on a 113 cubic inch machine. Personally, I started on 70cc and 90cc trail bikes. Don't laugh. as you learn on the smaller machines (maybe you're better suited to a 175-350cc), you build confidence and competence. I would never seriously consider such a big bike as a first bike for anyone - ever.

Just my opinion and you know how opinions are - everyone has one........that's mine
It's supposed to be fun, so have fun and ride safe. Maybe we'll meet you and ride with you one of these days.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.