MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Well, since everything is bigger in Texas... I would gas it will cost as much as the other once. Where are you at in TX? I Used to live in Irving.

VB

·
Registered
52 Posts
I was just in killeen 2 weekends ago for their BBQ event with the local Star chapter...I rode my Raven up. From what I've seen from local Texas dealers, you'll be shopping for the best freight/prep charge cause none are willing to haggle on the price. The 3 dealership in San Antonio have the same price for bikes with freight/prep ranging from $450 at Wood's Cycle Country, $650 at Alamo Cycle Plex and $1670 for freight and prep at Yamaha of San Antonio (owned by Jeff Kent).

·
Registered
267 Posts
ACTIONELECTRIC said:
killeen texas no deals to be found
Dude, take my word for it, Getting a raider is a deal. Stop penny pinching, and get you a ride.

·
Registered
93 Posts
$13,980 plus tax title and dealer prep. Depends on where you live and what the tax base is in your state.

Until the end of May, Yamaha is selling the bikes at MSRP.

·
Registered
194 Posts
John don't let them fool you, there are always room for negotiations. I paid mine $11,700, with all the option including the 4 years warranty through Yamaha, tax and tag no dealer prep. all came to $15,300. I put $500 down and finance through Yamaha at 6.99%.

So these things you need to consider.
1- Is dealer Yamaha 5 star certified? you don't want some joe shemo pick right from street to work on your bike.
2- Check the around you may find better deal.

Good Luck Body.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I always pay through the nose it seems. Went to two dealers in two states and they all were selling for MSRP plus thier costs and my states (Maine) sales tax. You guys must know how to haggle.

·
Registered
157 Posts
The Topeka, KS. dealership had a list of $13,500 for a Raven. It's kind of hard to tell what it really cost as I traded my 06 Strato and $2500 for it. And the manager said he didn't think he would be able to get anymore for a while.

·
Registered
826 Posts
it all depends where you are, how many the dealer can get and how many more they have allocated. If they are down to their last one they know they will be able to get MSRP out of it because you can't find them. Thye have no incentive to deal. the new dealer here has 2 in and a blue coming and he said he would do $600 off sticker but no better cause he could move them to anther dealership at a profit if need be.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Does anyone really care about how much someone saved? I told my dealer: " I am buying this bike today, and paying cash for it. If you are ripping me off... I don't care, just come to me and tell me I got a great deal."

The bike is worth more. I am surprised that it's not going for over $20k. And if it was $20k, I would still get it.
I am sure all of you can relate. It's not like you are gonna take it back. Bought it, ride it, love it, be safe.

Besides, I heard that the more you paid for it... The faster it is...

VB

·
Registered
17 Posts
Not in Texas but Oregon, I paid 13K for the TB Raider S. plus 168 in DMV fees. approx. 1K for ext. warranty and lifetime tire and wheel replacement. Bike only had 48 miles when I got it and I logged 30 of them on a test ride.

1st dealer wanted MSRP and wouldnt budge + freight and setup, + DMV fees, + low balled me on my trade in.

·
Registered
267 Posts
vintagecar1957 said:
Besides, I heard that the more you paid for it... The faster it is...

Then how come Harley's are so slow? ;)
That's because The Harley plant doesn't do random drug tests. The ASSembly workers are stoned out of their minds, and they simply take their time. (The unions got that under control. LOL) I heard, sometimes, they use bubble gum to rubber mount the engine. It's a simple theory of a cause and effect.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I paid msrp for the raven however the dealer gave me retail for my trade in that only had 900 miles on it. He wanted to charge me dealer fees i.e. setup and freight but I started out the door so he reversed those charges. Plus be wary of the salesman who writes up your deal...if you have a trade in make sure they figure sales tax on the differance between the asking price for the bike and your trade in allowance. Some salesman try to tax you on the full cost of the new raider then deduct your trade in allowance..this move could cost you hundreds of dollars if you are not paying attention to that. For me it would have been an extra $450.00 so be careful. Plus you have to be able to walk away from negotiating. Keep your keys in your hand and be willing to walk if you don't get your deal. If you've been hanging around the showroom they know they got you hooked so they will most likely stick to their guns.

Just some ideas for you future buyers. :deal:

Raven

·
Registered
63 Posts
Brandon..1K for ext. warranty and lifetime tire and wheel replacement. What is that about? Is that just from your dealer or what. Is the lifetime wheel and tire replacement just for accidents?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts