MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My girlfriend bought me a Garmin Zumo 550 gps unit as a gift for the new bike. In response to dklassen's question from another thread as to why I haven't married her yet, it is because I like her too much to put her through dealing with me on a permanent basis!

Anyway, I haven't picked up my Raider yet so I have no idea about wiring it in to the bike's electrical system. I know there is no accessory port the bike and was wondering if anyone knew if there are wires available in the bike's harness to install one.

Any suggestions?

Come to think of it, this probably would have been a good response in NJRaider's thread about the wish list...

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Red -

I haven't tried to use it myself yet, but there is a way to wire accessories, meant for aux lights, on the bike. There's even an accessory thumb-switch on the right hand grip to turn it on/off - very cool. I'm thinking there's a way to wire anything you like into that system

I'll look into a little and let you know more info.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank for the response. I saw my bike at the dealer today. Accessories haven't come in yet.

Once I stopped drooling I asked if they knew about the wiring. As luck would have it I was speaking with the head of the local Star chapter. We found a 12v accessory plug under the seat. Unless someone has another suggestion, I guess I have some wiring to do.

·
Registered
326 Posts
does that plug go to the aux light switch on the handle bars? i bought 20 of the 10mm l.e.d. bulbs and would like to wire it to that switch cause the cops around here frown on underglow on that would be a quick way to turn them on and off

·
Registered
343 Posts
That's a good question, where is that connector for that aux switch? i was thinking about putting some accents lights on the bike for the night, but didn't want to put an extra switch somewhere since the Raider does have the aux one.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts