MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought the Cycle Sounds Sound System and I was able to hook up the speakers, mount the amp and wire the wires (not as clean as I like, but it works for now) but when it got to hooking up the amp to the battery, I was lost. The instructions say hook it up to the accessory wire for the bike, but I'm not sure which one that is. There's a lot of wires by the battery so if someone could please assist me. I'm very slow so pictures would definitely help as well.

After I get the sound system up and running, I'll post how they are. Thanks all in advance.

·
Registered
64 Posts
I just bought the Cycle Sounds Sound System and I was able to hook up the speakers, mount the amp and wire the wires (not as clean as I like, but it works for now) but when it got to hooking up the amp to the battery, I was lost. The instructions say hook it up to the accessory wire for the bike, but I'm not sure which one that is. There's a lot of wires by the battery so if someone could please assist me. I'm very slow so pictures would definitely help as well.

After I get the sound system up and running, I'll post how they are. Thanks all in advance.
Check out page 3-17 of the owners manual (auxiliary/accessory connector). Be aware this is often used for fuel controllers so if you have a Power Commander, etc, it will not be available. A second aux wire is located in the headlight bucket and is intended for "driving lights". If neither of these is available/suitable, run a wire from the battery (be sure to add an in-line fuse). It will be hot (live) so you will need to ensure you turn off the amp or you may drain your battery.

·
Registered
176 Posts
I found mine under the ECU . Their a bundel of wires held in a wrap. Its secured by velco Under this mess is battery box other one is inside head light but that for lights and your switch on r/side bar.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Check out page 3..."

I am trying to do the same thing with my sound system. The sound system has three wires (blue, red and yellow).The yellow is supposed to be connected to the accessory wire so it only turns on when the key is switched to "ON". I found the auxiliary DC connector under the seat but I also noticed that it carries two wires to the plastic connector, and I am not really sure which way do I connect the sound-system's yellow wire to this. Do I need to split one of the wires running to the connector?

Thanks for the help

·
Registered
64 Posts
Check out page 3..."

I am trying to do the same thing with my sound system. The sound system has three wires (blue, red and yellow).The yellow is supposed to be connected to the accessory wire so it only turns on when the key is switched to "ON". I found the auxiliary DC connector under the seat but I also noticed that it carries two wires to the plastic connector, and I am not really sure which way do I connect the sound-system's yellow wire to this. Do I need to split one of the wires running to the connector?

Thanks for the help
Can't remember if this is powered via the ignition switch - I think it is (when bike is running). I would not cut any wires...if anything, use a vampire tap. Try the brown wire. What are the blue and red wires for? Isn't yellow for the radio preset memory?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts