MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Discuss other accessories here - chrome stuff, grips, mirrors, license plate brackets, air kits, etc...

Feel free to start a new thread on a particular part

·
Registered
326 Posts
i was looking at my bike this afternoon mainly at the right hand side now on my old v star that was the intake and on my buddys warrior it is the intake to the air box under the tank but on the raider it dosent look like there is any duct work running out from behind it (i havent taken it apart yet) i guess my queistion would be if that doesnt funnel air to the air box will there not be any intake options for the raider?

·
Registered
326 Posts
i was also wondering if anybody makes or is coming out with a tachometer for the raider but i would want it to blend in like almost a factory job not a handle bar clip on, like the digital one on the worriar is pretty sweet.

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thunder manufacturing is currently testing their high-flow air kit from the Road/Stratoliner (same motor,etc) on the Raider. I'll be checking in with them next week. Like you said, the entire air box is under the tank, so the intake will not be visible from the outside of the bike.
The system is comprised of two K&N pod filters, clamps and breathers, and removes the restrictive airbox assembly, so even without ducting, the engine will still breathe better.

For a tach, check out Dakota Digital. They've got a bunch of different digital displays that can be used for custom applications. Some of them are made to clip onto the bars, some might even fit under the bar, between the risers. Their other units are made to put wherever you can find a spot.

·
Registered
326 Posts
do you think anyone will come out with some custom covers? i was thinking a couple of those hyper chargers with vacume butterflies would look pretty sweet even if they were just dummy covers

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
So far, the only thing that I know for sure is that Thunder Mfg, the intake guys, also have a "decorative kit" that they sell with the intake. It removes the big side covers, and replaces them with a much smaller, cleaner cover that leaves more of the engine visible. It comes in both chrome and wrinkle black. It was designed for the Roadliner, so it'll fit. Check it out here http://www.thundermfg.com/store/index.php?l=product_detail&p=239

If you want the hyper charger look, you can get the Kuryakyn housing without any of the functional internals, so you could fabricate some kind of bracket using the existing hardware. http://www.jpcycles.com/productgroup.aspx?GID=4C1189D4-5547-407B-B7BF-641CC803BD96&brand=kuryakyn

·
Registered
194 Posts
I got my bike with windshield, back rest and the rack, saddle bags, engine guard and the Raider cover.
all on order and dealer is going to install them, He promised me I will ride it next weekend.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Blue Angle
Did you ever get the accessories you ordered
My dealers telling me that I can't get a backrest mount till after the 1st part of May
they have the backrest & pad but no the mount to mount it to the bike.
They have the small windshield I don;t know if the have the mounting hardware.

·
Registered
194 Posts
RaiderRider,

I've got all except the back rest padding, they told me the same 1st week of May. My wind shield is 19" and I tell you it seems like is shaking a little on high speed. I need to get used to it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
OK Blue Angle
My dealer had the stuff ordered guess it's back ordered
I am not familiar with the windshields been riding close to 40 years
never had one yet .
I thought my next bike would of had one but I got the Raider.
(I thought I would of had a softail heritage or a Road King)

Thanks for the info

·
Registered
373 Posts
I am in the same boat, I have everything for the backrest except the base. Yamaha tells me May 7th at the earliest.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I thought it was a East Coast thing

I saw some of the other members pic's with backrest on

My XYL is a trooper over 300 miles so far without it

She rode the back of my Sporty on a Bandlander seat a few thousand before I
put anything on it.

She likes riding as much as I do

·
Registered
90 Posts
I'd like to see some raider specific handlebars with more pullback. I've tried a few by just mounting them to get a feel and although I liked the feel for their comfort, they didn't look right on the raider.

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a frame cover on order from Morton's for underneath the pipes (that ugly little area with heat tape over it). I called them today to check and the service person told me they just put out a bunch of new accessories for the Raider. They have a great looking customized Raven on their Home Page. Check out their new stuff. A couple cool things jumped out for me like the chromed horns and the chrome swing arm covers. There's another fender/plate option too.
NJ, they do have a BAK they just came up with. It's installed and tested on their bike, no Dyno stats yet, but did say it increased their air intake about ~3x from stock. What I like about it is that it eliminates the stock air box cover and replaces with an opened up version. They do use K&N filters. I'm considering getting it, but hesitate because they are not a big name like Patrick or Thunder Mfg. K&N is K&N right? Let me know if what you think of their BAK.

Forgot to mention they are running the Cobra Fi2000r CL with their pipes and air intake system.

http://mortonscustom.com/

·
Premium Member
1,178 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
That Raider they feature on their homepage is beautiful, the paint's amazing.

Their bolt-on stuff is nice, and I like the swingarm covers. I definitely like the frame cover you ordered.

I'm a little concerned about their Air Kit - I think they cut a couple of corners, they only supply one breather, while the others have two, and they don't include the venturis that both Patrick and Thunder include in their kits. For the money, I'd still recommend Patrick or Thunder - they're all within about $20 of each other and they've got the Dyno work and experience to back them up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts