MBF Motorcycle Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If you think your rear tire profile looks to low just paint about 3/8s to 1/2 inches of the rim to fool the eye.

Just messing with the red striping tape looking for an old skool look. :wave: :confused: :icon_razz:

·
Registered
826 Posts
I must admit I like the red wheel stripe on the there.

·
Registered
123 Posts
Busajack

Those fender struts look a lot better blacked-out than chrome plated. You had them powder coated?

Cheers, Scooter

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Note the hight from ground to rim on rear tire.Yes I will be striping the wheels but had to go get some fresh tape. Striping tape is more fun than eatten bugs.It don't cost much and If you don't like what you've done it comes right off.
If left on for more than a month it becomes a betch to get off. The body supply shops have a spray that lifts them off like magic.I play around for days and then pull them off and try something else.
Have fun and get creative. Jack

·
Registered
2,570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Scooter,what, me have something powdercoated??I can barley afford the shake and shoot.If you take your time and read the cans of spray paint you can find some quality paint at half the cost of automotive and powdercoat systems.When I do an overall I use the best PPG money can buy,but then there is always something you forgot to paint and there is nothing wrong with quality spray cans. In fact you can go to an automotive paint store and they can put the same thing in a spray can that you buy for a complete auto paint job.Spray cans are a great way to see if you like something and if not wash it off with lacquer thinner. I did the struts with rustolem satin black. Jack :wave:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts