Hello

Thread: Hello

Default Hello

Hey everyone new to the forum. I've had my bike for one riding season up here in Minnesota. Absolutely love the bike so far. I would like to get in contact with some one who has done a few mods to their bike. Looking to put spoke rims on, install an integrated tail light /blinker combo and possibly air ride suspension this winter. So any tips or recommendations on parts, install would be greatly appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

Default Modís for the Raider

Quote Originally Posted by Raider763 View Post
    Hey everyone new to the forum. I've had my bike for one riding season up here in Minnesota. Absolutely love the bike so far. I would like to get in contact with some one who has done a few mods to their bike. Looking to put spoke rims on, install an integrated tail light /blinker combo and possibly air ride suspension this winter. So any tips or recommendations on parts, install would be greatly appreciated.

Welcome to the exclusive club of Raider owners. Of the modifications you mentioned the only one I did was install the BlasterX integrated rear tail light. That unit has a programmable number of flashes when you step on the brakes, itís defaulted to 3 quick flashes and Iíve left it that way. I ride with other bikers and to a person theyíve all said that rear tail light can easily be seen and that the flashes draw your eyes to the back of the bike. The integrated turn signals are bright also, I did not install front LEDís yet and did not install a load resistor, I like the faster blinking rate. I have the DynaJet PCIII USB fuel management computer and like how I can control things easily with my laptop. Iíve read great reviews on the Cobra tuner also, automatically adjust for the bikes and road conditions. Your rear spoked rim better be strong, itís a heavy, strong bike and the 240 gives great traction. Iíd not seen a Raider with spoked rims, might look pretty sick, but are they strong enough? Probably.

Other mods I did was the Cobra pipes you donít like, a K&N air filter with modified air box and the 240. Itís not a bike you see much around here, in fact there may be 3-4 within 100 miles of me, so the Cobra Swepts are basically as rare as my bike.

Welcome me to the forum, itís not as well populated as in years past, but thereís lots of good old stuff here. Happy Trails!