MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

Hello

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Ernie 
#1 ·
Hey everyone new to the forum. I've had my bike for one riding season up here in Minnesota. Absolutely love the bike so far. I would like to get in contact with some one who has done a few mods to their bike. Looking to put spoke rims on, install an integrated tail light /blinker combo and possibly air ride suspension this winter. So any tips or recommendations on parts, install would be greatly appreciated.

#2 ·
Mod’s for the Raider

Welcome to the exclusive club of Raider owners. Of the modifications you mentioned the only one I did was install the BlasterX integrated rear tail light. That unit has a programmable number of flashes when you step on the brakes, it’s defaulted to 3 quick flashes and I’ve left it that way. I ride with other bikers and to a person they’ve all said that rear tail light can easily be seen and that the flashes draw your eyes to the back of the bike. The integrated turn signals are bright also, I did not install front LED’s yet and did not install a load resistor, I like the faster blinking rate. I have the DynaJet PCIII USB fuel management computer and like how I can control things easily with my laptop. I’ve read great reviews on the Cobra tuner also, automatically adjust for the bikes and road conditions. Your rear spoked rim better be strong, it’s a heavy, strong bike and the 240 gives great traction. I’d not seen a Raider with spoked rims, might look pretty sick, but are they strong enough? Probably.

Other mods I did was the Cobra pipes you don’t like, a K&N air filter with modified air box and the 240. It’s not a bike you see much around here, in fact there may be 3-4 within 100 miles of me, so the Cobra Swepts are basically as rare as my bike.

Welcome me to the forum, it’s not as well populated as in years past, but there’s lots of good old stuff here. Happy Trails!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.