MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

Windshield and Backrest

3K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  NJRaider 
#1 ·
Bought my 2012 Raider S two weeks ago, and am happy as a pig in you-know-what!!! I do, however need a windshield and a backrest. Yamaha wants $367 for the quick release backrest, and $97 for the pad that should come with it. The parts guy said that most aftermarket backrests don't fit quite right, I say he was trying to boost his sales for the week. I don't need a luggage rack for the backrest, and just want the short Quick-release style. I need smaller type windshield as well. Something around a 14". Just enough to kick the wind up over my head. (I'm only 5'8") Any brand recommendations?

#2 ·
Hey Bub -

For the Windshields, I'm a big fan of Memphis Shades. Before I switched over to the Batwing, I used the Memphis Pop Top. Just the right height (I'm actually shorter than you), and with the quick-release hardware, it was on/off the bike in a few seconds, and the height is adjustable when mounting.

Here's my bike with the Pop Top - http://raiderperformance.com/ourbike.htm#Poptop

As far as a quick-release backrest, you can take a look at Jardine Products. You still have to purchase the hardware and pad separately, but it's a lot less than the Yamaha parts. The hardware part number is 33-2010-01.

#3 ·
Hey, thanks for the response!!! That windshield is flippin perfect!!! I have a question that you may or may not have an answer for. Jardine Products don't list anything newer than 2011. Do you know if those will successfully attach to a 2012? Were there any significant changes between 2011 and 2012 that would prevent me from using one of these?

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.