MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

Power PRO FI2000R

4K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Michael T 
#1 ·
Gents,

I am a newby on modifications for Raider and need some advice with reference to the Power Pro FI2000R. I installed this fuel management device on my Raider S '11 along with the SCR pipes and was told by some colleagues (non-Raider owners) that I still need to have the dealer, or any other motorcycle mechanic adjust my computer for fuel proper fuel mixture. I was under the impression that the FI2000R took care of this. Can anyone confirm or deny this claim? I'll appreciate, before hand, any and all advice provided.

#4 ·
NJRaider, thanks for the clarification. I thought the same, but being a newbie on this arena I figured I reached for the experts. BTW, I just received my Kuryakyn Swingarm Axle covers and am pending receipt of my SAC. This will complete, at least for the time being, the mods to my Raider S. I will post pics as soon as I install the above mentioned items. Next on my list will be a 240 and lowering the rear and front. But again, this will have to wait for a couple of months.

#6 ·
many reports of the bolts breaking on those SAC . Go to Yamaha Road Star Raider forum Join and search around . Better grade of bolts needed and some use 3 m tape also.

My self I think a lot of money for nothing . I used my money to buy Tbrain air box mod (my preference $65 ) or a BAK (More $$$ and about same REAL LIFE HP increase) You have the tuner so you ready to go with better air flow . That Cobra will allow you to pretty much do as you want with eng mods and it will cover it . With out any adjustments . Mine has been on around 6000miles now. Don't know how I got by that 1st 2000 with out it,

Good exhaust , Cobra pro tuner and increase air intake . These 3 make big difference in performance I run a Avon 240 rear This is the preferred Brand of most Raider riders . Make the bike ride better and good tire wear . I got 3000 and cord showing on factory junk have over 5000 on Avon and still looking good .

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.