MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

Colorado Raiders?

6K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  Firewater57 
#1 ·
No posts from Colorado Raider owners since 2010??? What's up with that? I ride ~17,000 miles a year on my Raider and rarely see another in Colorado. Where are all you Raider riders??

#3 ·
Colorado Raiders

Good to hear from another Colorado Raider rider! Thanks for the reply.

I will be attending the WARR (Western Area Raider Rally) rally on the June 20-23 weekend in Idaho Falls, ID. Any chance of you or your brother making it?

The posting for this rally is on the Forum main page.

Dave

#4 ·
you never see anotber Raider?

I live in Rifle and ride an 08 Raven. There's a guy a couple towns over that has the same bike. And there's a red a blue one that runs around here too. And I've run into a guy from Gypsum or Eagle that rides a Raven too.

And I really admire you if you can put 17000 miles on in Colorado. I put on about 7500 on average a year and have to park it for the winter months. I'm hoping I get it back out in about 4-6 weeks.

#5 ·
Colorado Raiders

Hi Bob,

I live on the Front Range, so we don't get as much snow as you guys in the mountains. I try to ride year round, if there's not snow on the ground. I have heated gear so riding back and forth to work daily (25 mi each way) at anything above 15 is not a problem (Gerbing gloves and jacket are well worth the cost!). Part of my 17,000 miles this year was a single 3,200 mile trip and that's not a normal occurrence (but a lot of fun!).

Good to hear from you........

#7 ·
Trip to Yellowstone this summer

Good to hear from a fellow Colorado Raider rider! My son, son-in-law and I will be taking this 4 day trip in June. We have rooms booked that hold 4, but currently have 3 going. Care to join us? We can also book additional rooms, if needed.

We’ll be leaving Thursday morning, June 20 at 6:30 AM from Thunder Mountain HD in Loveland and ride with the Loveland group (14 bikes; all makes/models) to Jackson WY. We’ll spend the night with them (same hostel) and ride with them on Friday into Yellowstone. Then we will ride with them to West Yellowstone where they will spend the night and we will continue south to Idaho Falls (< 2 hrs). We’ll meet up with the Raider group (WARR - Western Area Raider Rally) in Idaho Falls, have dinner with them Friday night, ride with them Saturday, spend Saturday night, then head back home 6:30 AM Sunday morning. We should be home before 6:00 PM Sunday.

Dave

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.