Oil Cooler

Thread: Oil Cooler

Default Oil Cooler

Anyone install an oil cooler on a raider? is it necessary or recommended? if so which one would you recommend?

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by sxspdlgnd View Post
    Anyone install an oil cooler on a raider? is it necessary or recommended? if so which one would you recommend?
    Ive been looking if you find anything let me know

Default pretty pointless on this bike

i recently purchased a brand new 2014 Raider S! and was wondering the same thing.. noting how much oil this beast takes
    i figured it may be worth it... they're about 500 bucks, So i asked the head mechanic at the dealer what the scoop was.
    I was told to save my hard earned, the stock cooling fins on this air cooled engine handle temps just fine..

I now have 5k kms on the odo and must agree.

It does not get nearly as hot as I expected, if you could prove to me definitively it would help drop temps by at least 10 degrees
    then i may consider one but then I never really ride this bike on stop and go traffic.. Out in the wild i cant see it doing much better

5. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

Default Bikers Round Up

This year at the National Bikers Roundup it reached over 110 every day! The second day my Raider started loosing power and I had to rev it to get the clutches to engage. I ended up taking it to a local shop to get the oil changed and it solved the problem. I did change the oil about a 1,000 miles prior to the trip. Keep in mind I rode 1,900 miles from NC to Little RocK, Ar., so it may have needed an oil change due to the high speeds and riding through the Blue Ridge Mt's.

Hi,

I am installing a Stratoliner oil cooler on my Raider. I acquired all the stock parts and will install very soon. The oil cooler bolts right to the frame and the mounting holes are already there. All you have to do is acquire the Stratoliner clutch line all the way to the slave cylinder.

I have started a video on this MOD. and will post it soon.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Default Oil cooler

Quote Originally Posted by PaulyD View Post
    Hi,

I am installing a Stratoliner oil cooler on my Raider. I acquired all the stock parts and will install very soon. The oil cooler bolts right to the frame and the mounting holes are already there. All you have to do is acquire the Stratoliner clutch line all the way to the slave cylinder.

I have started a video on this MOD. and will post it soon.

I look forward to seeing your completed post. The only time I have a concern is when I’m riding in a parade which I do on occasion with the PGR and ALR, otherwise I never have a concern as I live in the country and don’t sit in traffic. As long as I’m moving even a little the bike doesn’t seem to care. I’ve got 30K on my 09 so probably won’t get a cooler, but it does seem like a worthy upgrade.