MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

Air box mod

12K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Michael T 
#1 ·
Installed this on my raider today

http://www.ebay.com/sch/claytontheb...p=mtr&_trksid=p4340.l2557?_trksid=p4340.l2562

Has increased the power across the board but seems best power in 3rd and 4th . Lot of different feelings about this some say waste of time and money. Other say it works . Not as much as say Barons But lot cheaper and can remove if you don't like . I was testing between rain storms will try to get nice day and give good ride.

I used my stock filter need to get K&N . On dyno 1 rider got 5hp and 5 Tq. Now this works by increasing air flow. Like a ram air so on a dyno not going to show much . What you doing is opening you intake area on air box larger Raising airbox opening 3/8 inch.
Lot of guys on their dresser bikes that uses same engine as Raider are using .

Simple remove tank like putting in new airfilter and install the kit on the air box lid. You then use other parts to raise you gas tank 3/8" to keep from rubbing. Put back togather and ride.
I think you could use with out a Power commander. Iam not sure .
I have Yamaha drag pipes on mine and Cobra pro tuner . I didn't want to go to expense of Baron and trouble of installing. So I thought I would try this. .

See less See more
#2 ·
Dyno results for the BAM kit.

Hi all, did you see the dyno results for the BAM kit on face book?
96 HP and 117 torque. RIGHT ON PAR WITH THE BAK'S YOU CAN BUY FOR FAR MORE MONEY.
No more nay sayers allowed.
there is now hard proof the BAM kit can make the same power as the BAK's you can buy at 4x the cost.
I thought the dyno results were fantastic. the torque curve is so stable and flat its crazy. i guess thats what you get when you leave the lid on. the air moves faster and has better cylinder filling which helps make great torque. Plus the flow is still there and helps to make great horsepower as well. I think he could have made even more torque and horsepower if his tuner didn't have a super rich spike in the 2500 - 3000 rpm zone. I have a website now. ebay is raping me for 10% on every sale so i had to do something to try and keep the cost down.
This is the link to my website. still working on it a bit but it works for sales.

http://www.thebrainsplace.com/

#7 ·
Dyno sheet

He ain't lyin' :agree:

The results are actually from our Raider - Freedom Performance Sharp Curve Radius, Cobra PowerPro and BAM.
View attachment 19546
Awesome product, inexpensive, and easy to install.
geez, everytime i look at that dyno sheet I'm impressed. look at that torque curve. starts at 100 and if the fuel didnt spike it would have ran almost dead level incline. no bog at all even at 1500 rpm. it's cool he started out that low. too bad the fuel spiked, would have been the most stable dyno results i've ever seen. even at the top end almost 100 ft/lbs now that will pull you through the 1/4 mile pretty dang nice, hard the whole way.

#8 ·
update

Just in case people are missing the updates on the BRA mod and BAM. Both are doing well. The BRA mod is getting very close to being machined and completed. I just installed new exhaust on the Strat. V&H pro pipe chrome along with the BAM has really changed the bike. The BAM was really good when i installed it but now with the free flowing exhaust it really charges hard at the top end. I do have some what of a dead spot at the 2000 - 3000 rpm range. I am still using the stock ECU and i don't think it is running as it should. it has been getting better but i think a fuel processor is in my near future. this will be needed for sure once i install the BRA mod. I dont think the stock ECU is going to cut it anymore.

www.thebrainsplace.com for updates

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.