MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

To hot, Oil cooler?

4K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Ernie 
#1 ·
It's running well over 100 deg.out side.I'm thinking oil cooler,Has any one put one on the Raider? If so Who makes them.Thanks

#2 ·
Well, from what I've read, not many have installed oil cooler.

I don't know how this works out in real life but if the outside air temp is 100 vs 85, the engine will only feel 15 degrees warmer and they are designed to withstand it. For us, since we perspire and our bodies cool by evaporation, if it is 100 outside we're feeling it because our regular body temp is 98.6 (or close) and the air is actually trying to warm our bodies.

#3 ·
I live in south alabama where it is hot and over 100 degrees for days on end, I ride my bike everyday. rain or shine. I had 44,000 on my first raider, and have put 1,000 miles on my current raider and I have never had a problem. I run amsoil synthetic oil in engine and transmission. Just my 2 cents.

#4 ·
Road Star cooler fits

I haven’t done it but I heard that the Road Star stock oil cooler mounts right up, the frame has bolt holes there right now for the mount. You have to buy an adapter that goes in front of the oil cooler but it’s basically a stock set up.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.