MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

Exhaust mod

22K views 22 replies 7 participants last post by  Michael T 
#1 ·
I am a memeber of another site, and a guy drilled out his baffles.. I decided to follow suit and I am glad that I did. It really made a big difference with the sound of the bike. It will also hold me over until after I get a fuel tuner and maybe an intake. The exhuast was 2nd on the list, but now it can wait.. I would like to post a sound bite, but like always you can't hear it every well. BUT... If someone really wants one, I will post it. Anyway, I will post a picture of the holes that I drilled..

BTW it took me 30 minutes total.. that's getting the tools ready to after clean up.

By rage1973 at 2011-04-02

The four holes in each baffle.. I started with a very small one for a pilot hole and the finished with a 1/2" bit... very very easy... and well worth it.
I hope this can help others as it helped me.

I will get a better picture in the morning and post it up.

See less See more
#3 ·
It is absolutely worth it. Drill more (and larger) holes to make it even better. It does not affect the performance but it really makes a difference to the way you appreciate your bike.

Just watch out. The back plate has two layers and you have to hold on to the drill proper and straight so that it does not snatch on the inner layer and spin out of your hand.

Go for it. You will not regret it.

#16 ·
No rubber metal to metal on the grips. They feel great. I had to paint the throttle handle because it was not paint black. So I gave it 3 coat of black paint and hope it does not rub off on the throttle side... You have to change the control box because the grip are longer on the both side.. I did the exhaust mod that you did with 1/4 size of the hole. You did it 1/2 right??

#17 ·
No rubber metal to metal on the grips. They feel great. I had to paint the throttle handle because it was not paint black. So I gave it 3 coat of black paint and hope it does not rub off on the throttle side... You have to change the control box because the grip are longer on the both side.. I did the exhaust mod that you did with 1/4 size of the hole. You did it 1/2 right??
Yep 4 - 1/2" holes on each exhaust

#19 ·
Guys I need some help. In the pic below this post u see my bike the grips on the throttle side was change to the one u are seeing and I had to paint the handle bar ends. But now when I work the throttle the paint scratches off little by little. What paint can I use for the handle ends to hold up to the working of the throttle grip through time...

Thanks

#23 ·
On my raider I started with 4 1/2 holes then added 4 more . . It carried me over till I could afford a aftermarket exhaust. I ended up with the Yamaha drag pipes because they were used had about 2000 miles on them . Owner didn't like (not loud enough) . sold me cheap 150 & ship. Then he spent lots of money on V&H pipes. Always be on look out for used parts. Many times owner just wants a change I got the Boulevard windshield and brackets and a 2nd larger shield off internet for 125 both . My best used buy to date was a used set of large toss over bags . Dealer removed from trade . I asked what he sell them for he said 10 bucks. Now I only run bags if going on a trip . Rest time stay off. I bought, cleaned them up look almost new. Looked up on internet. New sell for $150.
Keep eye out on internet and on Bike boards be surprised what will come your way.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.