MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

Cobra lightbar

7K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  ndncowboy 
#1 ·
I want to use the switch on the right side of the handlebars to turn the cobra lightbars off and on. Anyone know what wires I would use behind the headlight.:dontknow:

#2 ·
There is only one wire to connect. There is a connector inside the headlight assy that gets power from the switch in question. Remove the headlight and set it aside. You will easily find the connector, it has only two wires going to it and nothing connected to it, I think its white or cream colored. Turn the ignition switch on, turn the accessory light switch on, then Using a multimeter, using the motorcycle frame as your ground (black lead from meter), find which if the two wires in that connector has the ~12VDC on it. Keeping the meter leads connected, turn of the handlebar switch and if the 12VDC goes away, you got it.

#3 ·
OK, one issue. The connector you are referring to (which is white on my 2010 Raider) and the Accessory Light switch are powered by the head light relay. Thus if the head light isn't on, like when you just turn the key on, the switch and connector won't have power either. Easiest way is to start the bike and check for power on the connector while turning the switch on and off.

Trust me, I was banging my head on the wall last night trying to figure the same thing out until I got the wiring diagram this morning.

Thanks,

Delorian

G
#5 ·
Let Cobra be your guiding light in the world of cruiser motorcycles. We have a wide array of spotlights, light bars, and lighting accessories for your motorcycle. All of Cobra's light bars really shine and, best of all, bolt right on to the stock triple clamps without difficulty, making room for stock (and some aftermarket) windshields. Top-notch mounting hardware retains the original turn signals and ensures that the spotlights never appear to be an afterthought. Chrome-plated, snap-in visors are available separately.

#6 ·
Let Cobra be your guiding light in the world of cruiser motorcycles. We have a wide array of spotlights, light bars, and lighting accessories for your motorcycle. All of Cobra's light bars really shine and, best of all, solution crédit trésorerie

bolt right on to the stock triple clamps without difficulty, making room for stock (and some aftermarket) windshields. Top-notch mounting hardware retains the original turn signals and ensures that the spotlights never appear to be an afterthought. Chrome-plated, snap-in visors are available separately.
I took the Hogtunes unit off, and gave up on audio for the time being.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.