MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

new jardine run?

4K views 2 replies 2 participants last post by  funkamongus 
#1 ·
I have communication going with Jardine pipes about a first gen virago pipe production run. I need about 20 people who are interested and I have about 5 on another site.. anyone???
These pipes are on my bike and looking rough. They sound great, much better than macs, but they are no longer available and have disappeared from ebay. If youre interested, let me know!! Thank you, Scott

#2 ·
I just thought I'd give you folks a "heads up" reference my Jardine pipes. Two years ago, I purchased a set of 4 into 1 pipes from Jardine. By the end of the year, the welding along with a few other areas were covered with rust.

Now maybe the type I ordered were a much cheaper model than what you are using. You know, "You get what you pay for."

I'm only suggesting you do research on the model of Jardine pipes that you are thinking of getting. It could be that they will be fine.

My pipes were around $400, I think, not sure. They were new and ordered from Ebay....looked spotless when I first got them.

I bought a second bike, now my primary ride, a Raider and replaced the ugly stock exhaust with a Vance & Hines. Those pipes are much more expensive, around $700 if I remember correctly. I have ZERO signs of any rust on this bike after the same amount of time (less than a year) as it took for the rust to appear on my Jardine pipes.

Oh yeah, they also turned blue in the first week.

Take care, hope this helps.

Don

1980 XS1100SG with Jardine pipes

#3 ·
Thanks for the heads up! These are slip on muffler type that use the original header pipes. Im sorry to hear of your experience with them. I'll certainly be adding that to the knowledge base in my head. I doubt we'll get 20 folks anyway,, it was a long shot. Think I'll have mine ceramic coated black. 250 for the pair, headers and all. Thanks again for the info!!

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.