Yamaha hard bags .

Thread: Yamaha hard bags .

Default Yamaha hard bags .

Question for ya; Has Anyone purchased the Yamaha (Factory) Raider Hard Bags yet.... I would like to hear what is being said regarding these bags and other hard bags on the market today.... I'm looking for bags and would like Hard Bags if they will fit properly and look good..
    Hoping someone can give me some input on this subject.....

GUIDO .............

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

Default Hard bags

I have an 09 in the red color. I found that the Matazu RS universal bags follow the lines of the Raider really well and the stock red color from Matazu is a very close match to the factory red color Yamaha uses. I designed and built a custom set of brackets to hang the bags from while leaving my Yamaha quick release back rest fully functional. Powder coating the brackets cost me $40. I then spent another $100 to get the bags lined with trunk liner at a local upholstery shop. All in was about $500 for a set of hard bags that I think look better and are bigger than what Yamaha is offering at less than 2/3's the cost.

http://www.mutazu.com/products.php?c...283&s=prod.php
    Last edited by jaytea007; 08-04-2016 at 01:19 PM. Reason: adding url

Quote Originally Posted by uncle guido View Post
    Question for ya; Has Anyone purchased the Yamaha (Factory) Raider Hard Bags yet.... I would like to hear what is being said regarding these bags and other hard bags on the market today.... I'm looking for bags and would like Hard Bags if they will fit properly and look good..
    Hoping someone can give me some input on this subject.....

GUIDO .............
    I have the Hardstreet Slimbags which are the Yamaha accessory side cases. I like them. The storage capacity is not great though. They are long which helps, but not real deep. I wear a lot of safety gear though like a Hans device neck guard and a Dainase airbag vest. I can get all that and gloves and emergency tools, but not my MC jacket at the same time. I think the typical bagger like a Challenger Is 60 liters of storage. I’d estimate mine is 50. The only reason mine is that good is the length.