Loud Chirp or Squeak Coming from under the seat area

Thread: Loud Chirp or Squeak Coming from under the seat area

Default Loud Chirp or Squeak Coming from under the seat area

My 2009 Raider S with 10,500 miles has developed a loud chirp or squeak coming from under the seat area. When I start the bike in neutral on the kick and let it idle there is no noise. After a few minutes warming up on the kick it begins and does not quit. Follows the rpm up and down. Same whether riding or parked.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

Default Went to dealer

The dealer worked on it for about 2.5 hours. One tech was messing with the butterfly in one of the throttle bodies while it was running. He was using a sharpie and it sucked the sharpie into the intake. Fortunately it didn't go any further. Retrieved it restarted the bike....no more chirp...till after the test drive. I have taken it home again and they did not charge me. Offered a discount on the repair if I bring it back. Service manager was really great.

Veteran Member

Keep us posted as to what they find to be the problem.
    cheers
    Soupie :-)
    Always drink upstream from the herd and remember, wherever you go...there you are.

5. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

Red face Problem solved

The chirp was coming from one of the gaskets between the throttle body mount and cylinder head. Took the dealer 6hrs to solve and fix. They only charged me for about 25% of the hourly cost.

Veteran Member

Good to know. Glad you were able to get the problem resolved and get some relief on the cost.
    cheers
    Soupie :-)
    Always drink upstream from the herd and remember, wherever you go...there you are.