Anyone had Michelin Commander ii tires Before?

Thread: Anyone had Michelin Commander ii tires Before?

Question Anyone had Michelin Commander ii tires Before?

Still considering ALL brands of tires before I buy the Avon cobra's as everyone seems to suggest. I run Michelin's on my cars,great tires,was wondering if anyone has these Commander 2's on their ride?
    Bob

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by bvshearz View Post
    Still considering ALL brands of tires before I buy the Avon cobra's as everyone seems to suggest. I run Michelin's on my cars,great tires,was wondering if anyone has these Commander 2's on their ride?
    Bob
    No.... No one has because they don't make them in our size....
    Michael.Phillip.Davis@gmail.com

240 club, PCS lowering bones, progressive spring front and rear, integrated tail light, customdynamics front turn signals, la choppers bars, mortons pipes, webslinger dash, Patric Racing air intake kit, PCV, bomber midnight engine cover kit, 3" forward controls, "dejablu savage" custom front fender, tsukayu fairing, lots of kuryakyn stuff

Smile Tires for Raider

Quote Originally Posted by mddrummer911 View Post
    No.... No one has because they don't make them in our size....
    They sure do come in our size,you can go to this website and look them up. Chaparral-racing.com

Part #190-879769 is the rear tire 240/40-18......$209

Part # 190-879748 is the front tire 120/70-21....$152

5. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

They sure do come in our size,you can go to this website and look them up. Chaparral-racing.com

Wow... My appologies. I looked for these a few months ago and when you posted I double checked on the Michelin website and it isn't listed there....maybe it's new...bike bandit has it too... I know the michelins that came on my wife's sportster have 12,000 miles on them and still look half or better...this may be a good thing for us!

240 club, PCS lowering bones, progressive spring front and rear, integrated tail light, customdynamics front turn signals, la choppers bars, mortons pipes, webslinger dash, Patric Racing air intake kit, PCV, bomber midnight engine cover kit, 3" forward controls, "dejablu savage" custom front fender, tsukayu fairing, lots of kuryakyn stuff

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by mddrummer911 View Post
    Wow... My appologies. I looked for these a few months ago and when you posted I double checked on the Michelin website and it isn't listed there....maybe it's new...bike bandit has it too... I know the michelins that came on my wife's sportster have 12,000 miles on them and still look half or better...this may be a good thing for us!
    No apology needed, my brother,glad I could shed some light on the subject. You CAN tell me though what tires you have on your bike now,and/or what you've had and didn't like. I have 6k miles on my stock metzlers and they are shot. I'm gonna buy these Michelins or the Avon's probably, having a hard time pulling the trigger. Don't really like the tread design on the Cobra's but everyone on this website has nothing but good things to say about them it seems.

No apology needed, my brother,glad I could shed some light on the subject. You CAN tell me though what tires you have on your bike now,and/or what you've had and didn't like. I have 6k miles on my stock metzlers and they are shot. I'm gonna buy these Michelins or the Avon's probably, having a hard time pulling the trigger. Don't really like the tread design on the Cobra's but everyone on this website has nothing but good things to say about them it seems.
    the stock Metz 210 is junk. I am on my 2nd Dunlop 240. My stock Metz lasted 3,000 miles and the first Dunlop lasted 7,500 miles... The Avon is the most popular for the raider it's shorter than the Dunlop and lasts longer. The 240 tire will be about a half inch to inch taller than the 210, which actually improves handeling since the 210 is too flat.
    I would have bought Avon this time around but found a deal that was too good to pass on a Dunlop.
    as far as Michelin goes, my wife's sportster came with michelins and it has 12,000 miles and still looks about half tread left... Not sure if its a commander 2 bc it has the Harley logos on it,...

Thanks for the post. I was under the assumption that they didn't not make it for our sizes and no plans were being made to do so.

I'm good for now but this will be on the my choice when the time comes.

Cool Bought them and ........now waiting

Quote Originally Posted by wvturner View Post
    Thanks for the post. I was under the assumption that they didn't not make it for our sizes and no plans were being made to do so.

I'm good for now but this will be on the my choice when the time comes.
    Well I decided to be one of the first to buy/try the commander 2's on my bike.I'm a big Michelin fan,run them on my truck and cars,never had a problem.Problem is......these tires are advertised as able to order but...... Rear tire is NOT available as of yet,it's on Back-order,according to everyone I've called.The front one is on the way now,but hard to tell just when the rear one will show up.Every website that I have found them on has said they will be here on such and such of date.Problem is, the date keeps getting pushed back every time the projected date has passed. I called Michelin,their rep told me that Parts un-limited and Western Power Sports,the country's two biggest suppliers will have them (rear tire) by the first of May,so..... I orderd them from Chaparral last friday.Hope the bald rear tire can last a few more miles!!

Thanks for the update. I was just in for the 16k service and asked the parts guy and he said the same. They are making them but nothing has shipped yet with no hard date. I'll be ordering a set soon and letting the dealer store them so I won't have to wait or wonder when it is time.

Default Michelin Commander 2 ......FINALLY on the way!

Well I decided to be one of the first to buy/try the commander 2's on my bike.I'm a big Michelin fan,run them on my truck and cars,never had a problem.Problem is......these tires are advertised as able to order but...... Rear tire is NOT available as of yet,it's on Back-order,according to everyone I've called.The front one is on the way now,but hard to tell just when the rear one will show up.Every website that I have found them on has said they will be here on such and such of date.Problem is, the date keeps getting pushed back every time the projected date has passed. I called Michelin,their rep told me that Parts un-limited and Western Power Sports,the country's two biggest suppliers will have them (rear tire) by the first of May,so..... I orderd them from Chaparral last friday.Hope the bald rear tire can last a few more miles!!
    Finally ! Received an email today 5/14/13 that my rear tire has been shipped ,so...... can't wait to get it on my bike and try it out.Better late than never,was beginning to think it would be the end of summer before it would be here.

Default New Michelin CommanderII

Just installed the new rear tire this morning. So far I like it but will have to put a few miles on it to get a good feel for how it handles. Paid $210.00 plus $30 Install.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    2009 Raider

Thumbs up Looks Good!!

Quote Originally Posted by fuelman188 View Post
    Just installed the new rear tire this morning. So far I like it but will have to put a few miles on it to get a good feel for how it handles. Paid $210.00 plus $30 Install.
    I like it!! I am tracking mine via UPS and it will be here on Monday. I really like the tread design of this tire,hope it peforms well for us. I figure it can't be any worse than the stock Metzlers! Is that a 210 or a 240 size,hard for me to tell. I also want to let you know your custom paint job is sharp,love it.

I like it!! I am tracking mine via UPS and it will be here on Monday. I really like the tread design of this tire,hope it peforms well for us. I figure it can't be any worse than the stock Metzlers! Is that a 210 or a 240 size,hard for me to tell. I also want to let you know your custom paint job is sharp,love it.
    It was a 240 Metzler. The Michelin and the Metzler seem very close in width on the stock wheel but I think the Michelin is smaller in diameter. I noticed when washing the bike that It was easier to clean the swing arm area in front of the tire.
    Last edited by fuelman188; 05-18-2013 at 07:12 PM.
    2009 Raider

Default i oved my Michelin Commander II

I put them on my last bike, 2009 Vulcan 900 Custom. they had great grip, and very slow wear. I am gonna put them on my RaiderS when the current ones wear down.

Default Michelin Commander II on a Raider

I put a 240/40/18 Commander II on my 2008 Raider S late last summer. My bike had 13000 miles on it. I had read so much about the tire...am a Michelin fan with them on my car and truck and, had a couple of buddies put them on the rear of their new Harley Street Glides or whatever they are who ride them to Alaska and back and raved about them. After 6000 mile trip from Memphis to Alaska and back these guys were saying that the tire still had over half tread and they thought they would get close to 20k miles out of them.

Well, the Commander II may work on a Harley but, it didn't hold up on my Raider S. With 5,000 miles on it the tire is shot. I am trying to squeak a couple more rides out of it until payday but the tire barely lasted one Mobile1 oil change (5,000 mi.). I do not abuse my bike. NO burnouts, NO hard starts. That said, I like to exercise my Raider. I like to feel it pull but don't beat on it and pony up for few races. I mean I am a 57 year old man that has gotten most of that stuff out of my system but, I am a bit of a power junkie. The Commander II was a great handling tire and rides nice. The bike handles wonderfully with the 240 on it. I even bought one for the front to replace the original Metzler but have not mounted it yet. Now I have to buy another rear tire and think I will mount both at the same time. But, I want to get something that will last on back. I have heard about dual-compound tires and am going to look into those. But I am seriously open to advice from anyone out here in the Raider world that has found a 240 that will last on a Raider.

By the way, American Motorcycle Tire has the great prices and availability on them.