Canada's only V8 Chopper trike
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Canada's only V8 Chopper trike

Default Canada's only V8 Chopper trike

NEWS FLASH!!! : Canada's only V8 Chopper trike GETS A NEW OWNER!!

And that new owner is me!!!

It has been a whirlwind week for me in dealing on this trike...thinking the deal was dead in the water...then buying a 502 Boss Hoss and then this deal does comes thru...

It is a 2008 with very, very few miles..under 500... but needs some TLC...the pictures don't show it but it does need it..the pictures are also not the true color...shows red but color is actually more gold in person...the pictures are from the website of the selling motorcycle shop.

I flew out there (British Columbia) this week for a demo ride Thursday and completed the deal today..thanks actaully to the advice of my wife who said yesterday to offer them X Dollars or walk...I took her advice and ended up with the unit..that is the short version of the story. I love my wife!!

I am really looking forward to getting it and putting it into a clean / show condition again and putting some miles on it...the 30 miles i did on the demo were very nice other than a few issues and non were manufacturer related...maintanence things that need to be addressed...out of balance front tire etc...nothing major. The trike was used by them for 4 years for short trips to shows etc and the odd demo ride.

It seems to have a very lumpy cam...sounds / feels snottier than any 385 Boss Hoss ZZ4 I have had..not sure why...the motor is supposedly only about 290Hp. Seems to go pretty good for the bit I tested the power with the Powerglide tranny.

It needs a windshield, albeit small for sure because even with the full face I can feel the wind a bit on my eyes and with "dry eye syndrome" I cannot afford any more damage.

Will it be for sale?? Not sure..time will tell. I beleive somebody is going to get a huge woody for the unit once it gets here and we make the condition of the trike a 9 out of 10 and then I will decide.

it will get here before the BB so I can ride it for a few weeks and then switch between units as the winds change and the urge hits.

I guess I drank the coolaid somewhere...hahahha

Life is fun and Life is GREAT!! Not sure if it gets any better...

PS...Hey Perv...How do I do the BLUE /PINK smoke thingy????

Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CanuckHoss; 03-31-2012 at 11:55 PM.
    Barry.... the CANUCK HOSS

"Get on with riding" or "Get on with dying"...one of the 2 because you can't do both!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

Veteran Member

Right on Barry ,,, I thought we couldn't bring V8 Chopper products into Canada ,,,,

Regards Mike

Mike...it was here already and I saw all the paperwork for the import and how they licenced it 4 years ago..ALL ABOVE BOARD AND ACCORDING TO REGULATIONS...which is way cool!!

"Get on with riding" or "Get on with dying"...one of the 2 because you can't do both!!

Veteran Member

Barry,

Well done! Glad to see you ended up with your first and second choices together. Creating a smoker trike is easy, Some Dart horsepower with nitrous on top. I have the recipe for the cake to go along with your cool aid.

Enjoy!

David

You'll never go wrong by doing the right thing
    Honesty is the best policy

South Texas, & Around the World, Across the Nation and up your street

Quote Originally Posted by V8Chopper View Post
    Barry,

Well done! Glad to see you ended up with your first and second choices together. Creating a smoker trike is easy, Some Dart horsepower with nitrous on top. I have the recipe for the cake to go along with your cool aid.

Enjoy!

David
    http://www.mybikeforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6299&dateline=1324169  629

Signature gigs are Lame,,,

Quote Originally Posted by V8Chopper View Post
    Barry,

Enjoy!

David
    How long would it take to bake a cake like that in Miami in May??

Veteran Member

Barry,

Come on down. You will have a great time. We'll make sure you get some cake.

David

Horsepower and Smoke ain't cheap! It cost serious money to play trust
    me I know.

From everything I have gathered from your posts over the years you buy
    bikes to ride and enjoy and then later sell for a profit. If that is the case
    you want to stay as far away from David Ward as possible.
    Perv

Quote Originally Posted by V8 Perv View Post
    me I know.

Perv
    Perv...

Yeah I know Big HP = Big Money...I will smoke the 502 instead probably...no extra money needed to perform stupidly with it..

Eventually I will have keepers for rides...

I now own one of the last New Boss Hoss Big Blocks...won't be easy at all to let that go...someone needs to really "show me the money"!!

And I own the only V8 Chopper trike in Canada..(I think) and that will not be easy to let go either...especially after I get some miles on it and find out I really really like it...the 30 mile demo was just a tease.

Both of these will DEMAND big $$$ and hopefully Big $$ boys don't show up soon...I have the best of both worlds!

Congratulations Barry

Looks like there might be two V8 Choppers showing up to the rally in BC this year!!
    Norm

Veteran Member

Ron,

You would be lost without your horsepower rush...

It's not that bad of a thing..

David

Quote Originally Posted by V8 Perv View Post
    me I know.

Perv

Veteran Member

Excellent move Barry!!! Your wife is quite the sweetie to negotiate a hard-line and win!

So, now to work on Bee-sting Dave.... Eventually he'll be in shape to pick up a V8.... but now that there is a chopper in our midst.... might get the preverbal wheels rolling!

He's more of a 'bike' guy, so once he's had a boot on the V8 Chopper trike (if you are going to entertain demo rides)... He'll be thinking two wheeled version of the same!
    "Keep the magic alive!" He said.

That's great news Barry Brings to mind the old adage "Son the harder you work the luckier you get" Keep knock-in down them import barriers and you'll be one busy Mofo. Chug-a-lug
    Last edited by V8Slingshot; 04-01-2012 at 06:43 PM.
    But It's a dry heat !!

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    Excellent move Barry!!! Your wife is quite the sweetie to negotiate a hard-line and win!

So, now to work on Bee-sting Dave.... Eventually he'll be in shape to pick up a V8.... but now that there is a chopper in our midst.... might get the preverbal wheels rolling!

He's more of a 'bike' guy, so once he's had a boot on the V8 Chopper trike (if you are going to entertain demo rides)... He'll be thinking two wheeled version of the same!
    Ric...

Too bad BeeSting Dave is not in the market now...Joe's 383 Stroker would make a great cheaper Hoss for him...but I think he really loved / prefers the SS frame..

I think I need to bring Gwen into the Corporation after her last move...could be worthwhile for sure.

Too bad it is April because if this was May I would fly out and ride the trike back from BC...would be an awesome initiation trip. Maybe a set of snow tires is all I need for the trip now...chain up for the Rogers Pass...hmmmm

Quote Originally Posted by V8Slingshot View Post
    That's great news Barry Brings to mind the old adage "Son the harder you work the luckier you get" Keep knock-in down them import barriers and you'll be one busy Mofo. Chug-a-lug
    Thanks...we will see what the future brings...should be interesting I beleive.. so far it looks bright...I just go with the flow and don't force anything

Barry, Congrats on the new rides. Both look great

Tim

Good one Barry
    One day it will happen here in the little soggy rock they call the UK,best place in the world,,lol
    Ventury
    BH SM 04
    BH SM 06

I am sitting here on pins and needles waiting for a call from KirbyCoupe to tell me he has the trike at his house. I sent him the money and he was to do the transaction and take possession of the unit.

Hopefully hear soon!!

I wish I was retired Barry.

I could go ride all these bikes home for you.

Kirby will have that bike all carboned up.
    Norm

Quote Originally Posted by NormV8 View Post
    I wish I was retired Barry.

I could go ride all these bikes home for you.

Kirby will have that bike all carboned up.

Norm..

Wish you could too..easier for me that way..

Frank called a few minutes ago and the trike was actually deleivered to his house by the dealer due to raining there..easier for Frank.

I am just waiting to hear from him after the dealer leaves and his impression after checking it over.

Veteran Member

Holding our breath Barry! Keep us posted!

Frank took possession last nite of the trike...dealer delivered due to rain.

I will let him post his initial impressions after a few very short rides to his shop today and back...I beleive he even said he cleaned it up for me..THANKS again Frank.

I will post some better pictures after he emails them to me.

Just a note about Frank...I met him and Zahia in Hill City at Sturgis in 2000. I rolled into a gas station riding a Big Brute V8 Cycle and he had known about them. Him and the group he was with came to the pump I pulled up to wanted to know all about the V8 bike AND me and how I got it.

The next day I went to his camp site and Frank demod the bike along with his friend and the rest is pretty much history. We became great friends even though we live 12 hours from each other. I helped him buy and Import a 32 Coupe a few years ago which he loves!!.

I love those chance meetings that turn into a lifelong friendship!!
    Last edited by CanuckHoss; 04-04-2012 at 07:46 PM.

Frank's pictures...him and Zahia look real good on that trike!..

Just found this pic by accident of what the trike design is like without the body work...neat stuff

South Texas, & Around the World, Across the Nation and up your street

Sure looks good!!
    http://www.mybikeforums.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=6299&dateline=1324169  629

Signature gigs are Lame,,,

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by CanuckHoss View Post
    Frank took possession last nite of the trike...dealer delivered due to rain.

The next day I went to his camp site and Frank demod the bike along with his friend and the rest is pretty much history. We became great friends even though we live 12 hours from each other. I helped him buy and Import a 32 Coupe a few years ago which he loves!!.

I love those chance meetings that turn into a lifelong friendship!!
    ....I agree.. I still have my tee-shirt.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tjy View Post
    ....I agree.. I still have my tee-shirt.

Tom
    Tom...I forgot about that...will will meet agin somewhere soon I hope!!

Got a surprise call today from a private small trucker from BC who said a few days ago unless there was a miracle cancellation he was about 3 weeks out from bringing the trike to me.

Well.....He had a miracle cancellation and if Frank can get the trike to him by Sunday afternoon I should see it Monday or Tuesday...SHWEEEET!!

I am really dang excited about this unit...

Veteran Member

I'll see you tomorrow Barry, when you bring up Greg's new BB! Too bad you were leaving Airdrie so late... doesn't give you much time to orientate the lad to his new scoot!

Quote Originally Posted by Ric View Post
    I'll see you tomorrow Barry, when you bring up Greg's new BB! Too bad you were leaving Airdrie so late... doesn't give you much time to orientate the lad to his new scoot!
    Yeah I know but it is what it is...If I can bail earlier than 4 I definitely will but Saturdays are a really busy day for us and I can't leave Josh with the new guy if it is busy..

In the next 4 weeks I have 3 new mechanics starting at the shop and I had 2 new people start in the last 1/2 of March. By May 15th I will have 6 people in our Service Department (had only 2 last year) and 3 in the Parts / Sales..who would have thought!! Scary but also exciting..

See you around 8 ish or so

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast