Clutch problem

Thread: Clutch problem

Default Clutch problem

Ok went for a ride yesterday with a bunch of guys and I had some issues with my clutch. I noticed it at first walking the bike backwards, in gear clutch squeezed, that it was difficult to walk. Then we got riding, and when we came to a stop the when I squeeze the lever, the clutch wouldn't completely disengage. At first I could manage to get it in neutral to stop, but it got progressively worse. We stopped for lunch and I talked about it to the guys I was with, that I wasn't having issues with it slipping, just disengaging. They suggested I bleed the lines to check for air. I did get new lines about a year ago so what the heck maybe.... Well no tools so crossed my fingers and hopped on to ride home. Well no more problems! Confuses the heck out of me, I don't fully understand the hydraulic clutch, as far as what pushes it back out. Maybe a air pocket worked itself out??? Anyone have anything similar or suggestions?
    Michael.Phillip.Davis@gmail.com

240 club, PCS lowering bones, progressive spring front and rear, integrated tail light, customdynamics front turn signals, la choppers bars, mortons pipes, webslinger dash, Patric Racing air intake kit, PCV, bomber midnight engine cover kit, 3" forward controls, "dejablu savage" custom front fender, tsukayu fairing, lots of kuryakyn stuff

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

i have never had the clutch out of a raider but have worked on diesel and heavy equipment for 37 years and to tell you the truth the more you repair things sometimes it makes you wonder how in the heck does some of this stuff even function?.the hydraulics of this thing is basic principle and your right one air bubble and your having problems,seems kinda backwards like bleeding a cars brakes to bleed them lower than the master cylinder?air bubbles rise in fluids right?belville spring pressure causes the return and i have even used the bleeder screw on slave cylinders to pressure bleed to the master cylinder to get some stubborn ones to work right.good luck hopefully someone has a easier solution

Belville spring?
    Michael.Phillip.Davis@gmail.com

240 club, PCS lowering bones, progressive spring front and rear, integrated tail light, customdynamics front turn signals, la choppers bars, mortons pipes, webslinger dash, Patric Racing air intake kit, PCV, bomber midnight engine cover kit, 3" forward controls, "dejablu savage" custom front fender, tsukayu fairing, lots of kuryakyn stuff

look on cliff rue yamaha if you dont have a service book,spring looks like a diaphram pressure plate in a car,multiple fingers made of spring steel

Default Clutch

Sounds like air in the line, had the same thing happen on mine after riding about 4 months on the new lines. I wasn't even able to start my bike in gear with the clutch in so you caught yours early.
    Cheers,