Air Bag Jacket

Thread: Air Bag Jacket

Default Air Bag Jacket

02 small block
    WIFE- '06 Roadliner

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

This guy says a car "jumped in front of him" and all he could see was brake lights. I would recommend that you not ride any motorcycle in areas that have cars that jump in front of other vehicles even if you wear a blow up jacket. Dave

Question Could be a good thing

I have seen something like this before, someone will always come up with an invention and sometimes it will work and sometimes it won't . For me I try and wear a jacket, gloves and always a helmet, sometimes a heated vest if it is really cold, but a lot of this stuff makes me feel bulky and I can't move in a normal way which could also cause me to have slower reactions .
    Glad to see any new product thay couls save lives.

Ciao
    Gianacrlo
    Ride Smart
    V8 Chopper
    V8 Choppers* If you don't have fun on a V8 Motorcycle...GIVE UP !
    my web site's HOTRODELVIS.COM & bighornvalleyranch.com

5. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

I thought I saw an advertisement for some kind of air bag set up for Goldwings . How about an ejection seat and parachute ?

Jack
    Jack DeLelys......2000 Boss Hoss 350/400 HP

Air bag for Goldwing riders.

Adrian

http://www.autoblog.com/2006/09/08/v...bag-in-action/

People are lonely because they build Walls Instead of Bridges.

Exclamation It works

I have been told that the air bag for the Goldwing really works ? ? ? I am glad I am not the one who tested it...

Ciao
    Giancarlo
    Ride Smart
    V8 Chopper

Quote Originally Posted by HogV8 View Post
    I thought I saw an advertisement for some kind of air bag set up for Goldwings . How about an ejection seat and parachute ?

Jack
    Jack,

They could do that, but it would get in the way of the Cappuccino machine, the wave back button, the microware and the Dairy Queen wake up alarm?

John

I grew up riding motorcycles in a tee shirt and levis and thats when they are the most fun. I am old now but I still kike riding that way and if I finally eat it on a bike I'm sure all you safety type guys will say "we tried to tell him" but if he was half as smart as he was stubborn he would still be here today. Dave

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by SQ4MN View Post
    I grew up riding motorcycles in a tee shirt and levis and thats when they are the most fun. I am old now but I still kike riding that way and if I finally eat it on a bike I'm sure all you safety type guys will say "we tried to tell him" but if he was half as smart as he was stubborn he would still be here today. Dave

You know Dave, I'm guessing that there are multitudes of "I-TOLD-you-so" riders that expired in spite of their cautions in accidents too.

It's ok and even good to heighten your security and safety on a bike... older our young.

But the main thing is, atleast in MY mind... Stay aware, watch every vehicle around with a modicam of suspicion (but not paranoia) wear the basic protection and ride.

Every accident is a surprise to anyone! Even those Armour/Plated 'sensible riders'... and it costs us all SOMETHING.

Ride, until you cannot ride... is my goal.

"Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Veteran Member

I would say effective but super hot ,,, Saying that I would hate to be in the position to say i wish I was wearing one ,,, I do agree with Ric that riding sensibly is the first line of defense.

Ric ,,, I have my ZZ4 back on the road (new tranny) ,,, where are you going to be this week-end.

Mike

Default Ride smart.

Everything has some risk. Everyone has a level of risk that they will accept. People who ride Motorcycles have more risk that they will accept then most people. And we each have our own personal level we will accept, some will ride with every possible piece of protection and some will ride with some protection and some with hardley any. Some want to be protected and some want to look cool. It is a personal thing and I agree with Ric, Ride sensibly and and become a defensive rider.always stay alert and ride within your own personal limits.

It is not cool, not fun, not worth it when you get hurt. RIDE SMART

Ciao
    Giancarlo
    Ride Smart
    V8 Chopper

Gi, One point I want to make is that whatever I wear or don't wear when I'm riding has absolutely nothing to do with looking COOL. I don't think any type of clothing or lack of it will make anyone look cool. The bike might be cool depending on the looks but I can't remember ever saying to myself that the person on it looked cool because of what he was wearing. If I could be COMFORTABLE wearing a full face or large helmet I would wear one but I can barely tolerate the little piece of worthless s--t that I must wear to to keep from getting tickets. I have lots of friends that wear real helmets that will actually protect you if you crash and they are not bothered in the least by them. Those guys would wear them if there was no helmet law, they are lucky. I would quit riding if I had to wear one of those helmets because I am so uncomfortable in one. I wear only the clothing that makes me comfortable, tee shirt when its hot, or electric jacket etc. when its cold. I realize that I if I go down there will probably be dire consequences so I ride with that in mind and don't ride out of my comfort level. I have been riding for over 53 years and have had some wrecks, broken leg, broken nose, stitches etc. but nothing to serious. When my time comes I hope it will not be on my bike and until then I will just have fun. Dave

People should be able to do what they want as long as it is inside the law and doesn’t cost other people anything.
    When I dumped my 2 wheel Boss, at over 100 MPH, and broke my leg in 4 places, crushing my foot causing me not to be able to walk for 1 and 1/2 years, I can only say thanks for the helmet law because mine was ground up from one end to the other and even cracked. It was a good helmet but no doubt I wouldn't be riding a bike today nor doing anything else.
    That was in 2002 so I have cheated the reaper and had some real good times because of the helmet.

Adrian

People are lonely because they build Walls Instead of Bridges.

Thumbs up I agree

I agree with Adrian, an adult should be able to ride with or with out protection as long as it is not against the law ( But I do think we have to many laws ) and it does not cost the rest of us tax payers any money.

Ciao
    Giancarlo
    Ride Smart
    V8 Chopper

Quote Originally Posted by Giancarlo Cuciz View Post
    I agree with Adrian, an adult should be able to ride with or without protection as long as it is not against the law ( But I do think we have to many laws ) and it does not cost the rest of us tax payers any money.
    Ciao
    Giancarlo
    Ride Smart
    "Formerly,we suffered with crime. Today,we suffer from laws."
    Tacitus
    Clint & Sherry Hooper
    2006 57 Chevy Boss Hoss trike
    "Whoever said money can't buy happiness never owned a Boss Hoss"

I agree with you guys that it SHOULDN"T cost the taxpayers anything, but unfortunately that isn't the case. We the taxpayers are paying for virtually millions of peoples health issues that we shouldn't be paying for and we are paying for many more people hurt in auto accidents than bike accidents. If the cost was the true issue as far as the helmet law is concerned than you would be allowed to make a choice as long as you showed proof of insurance, but that is not the case in most states with a helmet law. I still think that way less major injuries on motorcycles could be prevented by the way you ride then by protective gear. I am talking about such things as speeding such as most of us do from time to time, racing, wheelies, burnouts, cornering on the edge, drinking, not paying attention, etc. I will not argue that once the s--t hits the fan it would definitely be better to have a helmet and some clothes that will stand the impact and abrasion but MOST accidents could be prevented by the guy riding the bike. Dave

Smile Yup !

I agree with you guys that it SHOULDN"T cost the taxpayers anything, but unfortunately that isn't the case. We the taxpayers are paying for virtually millions of peoples health issues that we shouldn't be paying for and we are paying for many more people hurt in auto accidents than bike accidents. If the cost was the true issue as far as the helmet law is concerned than you would be allowed to make a choice as long as you showed proof of insurance, but that is not the case in most states with a helmet law. I still think that way less major injuries on motorcycles could be prevented by the way you ride then by protective gear. I am talking about such things as speeding such as most of us do from time to time, racing, wheelies, burnouts, cornering on the edge, drinking, not paying attention, etc. I will not argue that once the s--t hits the fan it would definitely be better to have a helmet and some clothes that will stand the impact and abrasion but MOST accidents could be prevented by the guy riding the bike. Dave

I agree 100%, Just don't want anyone to have to pay my bills and I don't want to pay bills for any one else. It don't work that way all the time , but in my opinion, that is how it should work.

Ciao
    Gianacrlo
    Ride Smart
    V8 Chopper

Squrim:

You have nothing to worry about..........

I hear those " Cosco Shirts" are bullet proof...........

See ya in Miami.............

If insurance companies said that if your in an accident riding without a DOT approved helmet your insurance would be void I'll bet you would see a lot more people wearing helmets . Maybe we should read the small print .

Jack

Ya gotta wonder how we ever got old without all the rules. Remember when you would put a little ball of mercury in your hand and roll it around and then dip a dime in it and see how shiney it got. Today they will evacuate the school if a kid has some mercury. How about when you were a kid and could go to the hardware store and buy a 22 rifle and then go shoot with some of your buddies without even a note from your MOM. Today if you draw a picture of a gun in school you could get expelled. Remember when you just had to get an old motorcycle or scooter started by kicking or pushing or towing and you would ride it till it broke. No mirrors, horns, front brakes, mufflers, helmet, drivers license, just that it was running was perfect. Remember when you just punched somebody you were mad at or they punched you till you were tired, nobody ever thought about shooting somebody. The world hasn't gotten better with all the rules and government in our lives, just worse IMUHO. Dave

Ya gotta wonder how we ever got old without all the rules. Remember when you would put a little ball of mercury in your hand and roll it around and then dip a dime in it and see how shiney it got. Today they will evacuate the school if a kid has some mercury. How about when you were a kid and could go to the hardware store and buy a 22 rifle and then go shoot with some of your buddies without even a note from your MOM. Today if you draw a picture of a gun in school you could get expelled. Remember when you just had to get an old motorcycle or scooter started by kicking or pushing or towing and you would ride it till it broke. No mirrors, horns, front brakes, mufflers, helmet, drivers license, just that it was running was perfect. Remember when you just punched somebody you were mad at or they punched you till you were tired, nobody ever thought about shooting somebody. The world hasn't gotten better with all the rules and government in our lives, just worse IMUHO. Dave
    It's a sad state of affairs,isn't it Dave?
    Clint & Sherry Hooper
    2006 57 Chevy Boss Hoss trike
    "Whoever said money can't buy happiness never owned a Boss Hoss"

Dave , Ya , I remember all of that . I also remember we used to wash carb parts etc. with carbon tetrachloride and dumped it out in the stone driveway when finished and thought nothing of it . I'm surprised we are still here .

Jack

Jack, you probably had a real clean driveway!! Dave