MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

62nd Annual Ice Cycle Run

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  SpyderLovers 
#1 ·
Howdy ya-all! Well, just to prove I'm still a little crazy, I went out 1-1-10 morning at 7:30 am, "zero" degrees & rode the 2008 CAN AM Spyder about 35 miles to the gathering point at Chief's Towing in Bloomington, MN for the 62nd Ice Cycle Run.My hands froze up& tingled, ached & cramped up. My torso was pretty warm because I had my electric vest on & was behind the big ultra touring windshield.My feet were pretty cold because I had my skin tight cowboy boots on. There were 11 other crazy nutso's that also paid $10.00 each to prove how dumb we are. I'm glad the 62nd Ice cycle run was not today, because it's 20 below outside at 8:30 a.m. I'll go again next year if I can borrowsome electric gloves. By the way, I was the oldest one out there, 72 yrs young, the first one out & the last one back because I get lost a lot! I'm proud & sad to say that I was the only one on a CAN AM Spyder there! Now the CAN AM Spyder goes back to the dealership, service department for brain surgery & therapy, so hopefullyall the demonds will be gone! P.S. One good thing about this weather is we don't have to clean bugs off of the windshield. Arizona & 360 days of good weather riding sound pretty good now, bugs & all! But I do have to find a way to clean all the salt off the spyder. And thank God for Al Gore & his global warming, if it hadn't been for Al's global warming, we would have all frozen solid to death! thanks, Al. The spyder definately does not like glare ice! Since this was my first rally check point run & my first "zero" weather run, getting lost quite a few times, just finishing was a triumph - besides, someone has to be last!

More...

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.