MBF Motorcycle Forums banner

3 month release

1K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  SpyderLovers 
#1 ·
I would like to thank lamont and Carlos for their help in getting my spyder back.
My spyder went down the week before spyders in the smokies this year. The output shaft and pulley had stripped the splines, 28000+ miles. Now I have to admit I ride my spyder hard. As they say like I stole it, but by the same token I have ridden my BMW k1200R and Duc's the same way.
The first month of this time was waiting for parts. The rest was the dealer getting it torn down and then put back together. Since this is the first one they have done I feel that it made the job more difficult and time consuming. No one wants to do a job this big more than once.
The good news is they seem to have done a good job. She is running real well I just wish the weather would get better so I could ride more.
The others who have had this problem I feel for you but it is still worth the wait.
By the way according to the dealer they had some issues with the shop manual being incorrect which always means a call to BRP and a slow down in the process.
Marry Christmas to everyone here and a Happy and safe New Year.

A Happy Spyder Owner

More...

See less See more
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.