vendetta V8 Motorcycles...

Thread: vendetta V8 Motorcycles...

Default vendetta V8 Motorcycles...

Just keeping an eye on vendetta and seeing whats up...

http://www.vendettav8.com/trike.html
    http://www.vendettav8.com/pdf/trike_brochure.pdf

Cheers
    Aldo

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

Their website appears to be outdated by a couple years. (See recent events) The rolling chassis looks a LOT like a V8 chopper....?? Also appears to have a PG trans with the output shaft pointed directly at and about 2" away from the rear tire....???
    Tom Chadwell

4 wheels move the body
    2 wheels move the soul

Veteran Member

Scott Hough was the man behind the design and building of Vendetta and stopped working there years??? ago. While he was still building Cannon bikes he designed the
    V8 Chopper, so they look the same because of that. Scott also through
    Vendette built the first 6-7 Vanquish for Mike Kelly who designed them.
    Vendette was owned by the son of the owner of Dixie Chopper lawnmowers.

Paul H
    WELLLLLLLLLL La De Da

Veteran Member

That is VERY old info. Last I heard Scott hough is out of business and trimming trees for a living. The dealer in Tucson was fighting to get the same 2 bikes removed from their showroom. They were arguing about who was going to pay the freight to get them gone. They only sold 1 according to the dealer and had many problems with the unit and could not get reimbursed for the repairs from vendetta. It has been about a year since I was in their dealership so I do not know how it all went.

David

You'll never go wrong by doing the right thing
    Honesty is the best policy

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by V8Chopper View Post
    That is VERY old info. Last I heard Scott hough is out of business and trimming trees for a living. The dealer in Tucson was fighting to get the same 2 bikes removed from their showroom. They were arguing about who was going to pay the freight to get them gone. They only sold 1 according to the dealer and had many problems with the unit and could not get reimbursed for the repairs from vendetta. It has been about a year since I was in their dealership so I do not know how it all went.

David

Out of curiosity, I Googled to find the website and it was about 3 pages later on the bottom of the page that I found Vendetta's website. Looks like it's a few years behind. As far as being out of business, it's easy to see why. The one bike pictured with the two little thumb nails is pretty weird and not in a good way. Ugly a$$ gas tank going underneath the upper frame rail and two big air cleaner elements coming out each side of the tank. I know some like chocolate and some like vanilla but that bike redefines fugly.

Els
    Too Much Of A Good Thing Is Not Enough.

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by Paul H View Post
    Scott Hough was the man behind the design and building of Vendetta .....While he was still building Cannon bikes he designed the V8 Chopper

Paul H
    To Clarify:

At the time the chopper came about Scott Hough had already failed Cannon. Stan bought Cannon's assets and designed the chopper. Scott fabricated the first 3. For this reason you see the continuity throughout the product line to date.

Stan is the sole and only owner of V8 Choppers from the beginning to present day.

David

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by V8Chopper View Post
    To Clarify:

At the time the chopper came about Scott Hough had already failed Cannon. Stan bought Cannon's assets and designed the chopper. Scott fabricated the first 3. For this reason you see the continuity throughout the product line to date.

Stan is the sole and only owner of V8 Choppers from the beginning to present day.

David

Thanks Dave, you beat me to it. Gary and I bought the first two choppers out. It was Kannon Motorsports at the time. It was then as it is today...100% the result of Stan Hughes in both design and ownership, not Scott Hough.

Els

Veteran Member

Els and Gary, What was the name of the bike as far as the title says????
    Now I'm talking about the first two you and Gary bought.
    Answer that and we'll talk about when Stan worked at Cannon.
    I first saw the chopper bikes at the Cannon display at Daytona.
    Look, I know Stan and Scott parted ways on not so good a terms.
    I throughly Aplaude what Stan has done and is doing. He IS a great
    guy and build a great product. I test rode a V8 Chopper trike last
    year in Daytona, just thinking to the future because I don't like the
    BH trike at all.

Paul H
    WELLLLLLLLLL La De Da

Veteran Member

Paul H
    Paul. I realize that you are a Scott Hough fan but there is no point in arguing this. To further clarify:

The first 3 Choppers had Kannon titles. (thanks Elliot I did not realize the spelling was with a K) At the time the choppers were built Scott Hough had already failed Kannon. Stan was the owner on Kannon Motorsports. Stan designed the chopper. Scott Hough worked for Stan at that time. Whatever the reason they parted who knows and nor does it matter. Stan chose to ditch the Kannon name and just go forward as V8 Choppers. The rest of the story of V8 choppers is already spelled out on this forum by Stan's customers. V8 Choppers has clearly been something that has raised the bar in the V8 world and has made it better for all of us.

David

Veteran Member

Answer that and we'll talk about when Stan worked at Cannon.
    I first saw the chopper bikes at the Cannon display at Daytona.
    Look, I know Stan and Scott parted ways on not so good a terms.
    I throughly Aplaude what Stan has done and is doing. He IS a great
    guy and build a great product. I test rode a V8 Chopper trike last
    year in Daytona, just thinking to the future because I don't like the
    BH trike at all.

Paul H

Paul, I go to sleep like an old lady so I see David already answered much of this last night but I'll follow up as you asked me a direct question. It was not exactly "Kannon" at that time. The specific answer is "Kannon Motor Sports". It was Stan and a guy we met from Ft. Myers named Kip who had the company. I lived in Ft. Myers at that time. Kip wasn't nearly as knowledgable as Stan about the choppers so we dealt directly with Stan. He was then as you reference now; "a great guy and built a great product." That is clearly evidenced by Gary's original, red #2 chopper who many saw at Miami in May. Still one of the fastest and best looking V8's out there. I had the #3 chopper (pictured below, right side).

Everything was done with and through Stan when we bought the first 2 choppers. My understanding of Scott's role at that time was he was an employee and was partially involved in putting them together. I met Scott at Daytona at a later date.

I hope you are able to get one of the V8Chopper trikes you want. They are awesome and judging by sales, the big dog in the 3 wheel arena. I've had 2 BH trikes and rode a number of David's V8Chopper 3 wheelers and feel I'm pretty objective when I say it's comparing apples to oranges. I enjoyed some of the body styles associated with the BH especially the '57 (I had a big block) and the 'Vette models (wife had a small block) but when it comes to handling and performance...no contest comparing BH and V8Chopper in my opinion.

Elliot
    Last edited by Elsboss; 11-06-2009 at 07:36 AM.

To show my ignorance, do the 2 wheel choppers and the Chopper trikes have the same one speed trannies? If not, what does the trike have? I am waiting to see what the new touring series will look like; hurry up Steve get it in and give me a holler so we can run over.
    Buck
    02 small block
    WIFE- '06 Roadliner

The chopper trikes have a powerglide trans.
    Tom Chadwell

4 wheels move the body
    2 wheels move the soul

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by v8Buck View Post
    To show my ignorance, do the 2 wheel choppers and the Chopper trikes have the same one speed trannies? If not, what does the trike have? I am waiting to see what the new touring series will look like; hurry up Steve get it in and give me a holler so we can run over.
    Buck

Buck, the V8Chopper trikes use a PowerGlide. When I visited Oklahoma not long ago I got to see the new body shell for the Touring Trike. WOW

Els

Tom and Els, thanks. Right now we have trouble going to the hamburger joint but there is a distinct possibility that my next wheels, 2 or 3 type, will be a trike as dealing with 2 wheels is becoming harder on an extended ride. Ergonomics is a term that is becoming more significant in my life. I was offered an opportunity to test ride a Chopper in Daytona last month but the time factor did not work out but I promised that it would work during Bike Week, maybe Stan will have a trike out by then for testing. I like the looks of the trike Chopper and hopefully when Steve Barr gets his he will allow us to ride over and inspect it.
    Buck
    02 small block
    WIFE- '06 Roadliner

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by v8Buck View Post
    Tom and Els, thanks. Right now we have trouble going to the hamburger joint but there is a distinct possibility that my next wheels, 2 or 3 type, will be a trike as dealing with 2 wheels is becoming harder on an extended ride. Ergonomics is a term that is becoming more significant in my life. I was offered an opportunity to test ride a Chopper in Daytona last month but the time factor did not work out but I promised that it would work during Bike Week, maybe Stan will have a trike out by then for testing. I like the looks of the trike Chopper and hopefully when Steve Barr gets his he will allow us to ride over and inspect it.
    Buck

Buck,

Steve & Janice have a weekend cabin on the same mountain I live on full time. They often brought the previous trike(s) up and we rode the mountains on weekends or holidays. Come a bit further than Steve's and to God's country!

I'm staying with Steve in Daytona in the spring and he anticipates taking delivery of the new trike then. He's pretty psyched as he's been without since May when he sold the big block Willy's at the East Meets West rally. Showing him the spy pics I took in Oklahoma didn't help calm him down

I'm going to fuel the fire this morning. He's here now and we're heading to the gun range in a few minutes. I'll tell him you mentioned it as he doesn't have his 'puter with him.

Els

Yeah, I hear that he is losing his hair over it!
    Buck
    02 small block
    WIFE- '06 Roadliner

You Think?

Ricky
    (Redtro)

"That's all I've got to say about tha-at"!
    -Forest Gump

Veteran Member

Looks like it is a little late for Steve......