Gone Keyless!

Thread: Gone Keyless!

Default Gone Keyless!

So this is my first post! First off I want to thank all you guys for all of your idea's and how to's, great stuff. Right now I have a set of V&H 2-into-2's installed, Mustang Daytripper saddle, integrated turn signal and tail light, and stealth front turn signals. Next up is the Intake and a fuel processor.

On to the good stuff. I just recently installed a keyless ignition with security from Digital Guard Dawg. Their directions suck -ss, I am pretty decent at wiring with good instructions but the ones provided are generic and I ended up cutting a few wires that I later had to mend and had to call their tech support. If you decide to give this mod a try and have trouble call them and ask for Bruce he was awesome! Once installed though now all I do is clip my keys on my belt, walk up, flip the start stop switch and hit the ignition.....away I go! It uses RFID to tell when the key fob is within range. I would definetly suggest this to anyone who is tired of having ugly ass keys scarring up this awesome machine not to metion the convenience and security!

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

Default What if???

Sounds great, but what does the key run on battries?? what if the component fails, can you still use the key to start it?? How do you shut it off?? How much did the mod cost?? What are the chances of another frequency close to it starting the bike without you around if you don't have the bike in gear?? or even shutting the engine off running around town?? Hope these questions are not dumb, but for me I would like more info on the reliability of the system...is there any posted on the internet?... .K-9
    Last edited by K-9; 07-17-2009 at 03:31 PM. Reason: not done

can you put up the web site for the keyless start, thats something i would like to look into, i have a bud with a harley that has one and he gives me hell all the time,about how the raider doesnt, might have to suprise him........

5. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

I found it here for sale.. $369 yikes! Glad I don't have anything left to do, this could wind up on the bike over the winter perhaps..

http://www.chromeguysgarage.com/digi...ing-p-293.html
    Topaz Blue Metallic|240 Club|Hard Khrome Dual Radius Pipes|K&N Filter with Airbox Mod|Low and Mean Long Reaper Front Fender & Chin Spoiler|PCS Full Slam Kit 3" drop|Kuryakyn LED Maximus Kit|Fender eliminator kit|Webslinger Custom Speedometer Gauge|Ness RAD 3 Mirrors Black|Powder coated engine guards, rear disc cover, & rear fender struts gloss black|belt drive cover, shifter linkage and arms matte black|Boulevard windshield|Topaz Blue Pinstriped Wheels

Thank you sir, been at work didint have time to look... i think this goes on the to do list......that i said was finished 1500.00 dollars ago...........

Default Cost!!!

It seems everything on motorcycles cost too much. I had a keyless entry put on my van with two remotes $175 and some change. Took the guy about 2 hours to do it. Sure is nice! Anyway, just an observation.
    RedStar Raider

You can always tell when it's summer in Seattle....the rain is warmer!

That all sounds very cool and great idea to have a security system but I've never heard of a remote starter on a bike? Up North here we use them to warm up the cars in the winter and to cool them down in the summer well before we get in them. So I guess my question is what is the practicality of having a reomte starter for a bike? NOt trying to be a wise a$$ here just curious?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by fastestarrow View Post
    That all sounds very cool and great idea to have a security system but I've never heard of a remote starter on a bike? Up North here we use them to warm up the cars in the winter and to cool them down in the summer well before we get in them. So I guess my question is what is the practicality of having a reomte starter for a bike? NOt trying to be a wise a$$ here just curious?

Thanks!
    Remote start on a bike would be scary!

The OP was talking about just a keyless start, not a remote start. This just keeps you from having to manually put the key in the ignition to start the bike, that's all, no remote start feature. All you have to do is be in range with the key fob and the bike will start. When you walk away and the fob goes out of range the bike will not start until the fob is back in range.

Here's the website http://www.digitalguarddawg.com/ . This only allows you to start the bike when you are in proximity to it not remotely start it. The actual key is no longer functional. Basically if you have the key fob within proximity you flip the on/off switch and then hit the start button. Then to turn it off just flip the on/off to off. Incase you loose the fob they are supposed to be able to help you get it running over the phone somehow. Or you could just hot wire it if you can get to where you installed the device.

So far I am very happy with it but is expensive for what the mod accomplishes.

Sorry guys I went on a vacation in the Georgia Moutains! Anyway the system works so that you can start the bike when the key fob is within range by flipping on the kill switch and then hitting the start button. Flip the kill switch to off to shut the bike off. No remote starting capability, and no the keyed ignition no longer functions. If you loose the key fob they say they can get you started over the phone, probably some sequence of flipping the kill switch or something i guess.

Default Works like a charm

The system eliminates the keyed ignition so that it no longer funcitons. As long as the key fob is within range all you do is flip the kill switch to on and then hit the start button. To kill the engine just flip the kill switch to off. And should you loose the key fob they manufacturer says they can get you running over the phone probably with a sequence of flipping the kill switch or something I would guess.

I plan to replace the gas cap with one that is a screw in and I won't need to touch my key at all!

Default Anyone here installed this mod themselves?

Fellas,

Has anyone installed them system themselves...? I have been toying with this thing for a few days and can not figure out the location for the ignition connections that are supposed to be located under the Gas Tank......any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Blue

Quote Originally Posted by bluezuke860 View Post
    Fellas,

Has anyone installed them system themselves...? I have been toying with this thing for a few days and can not figure out the location for the ignition connections that are supposed to be located under the Gas Tank......any advice would be appreciated.

Regards,

Blue
    This forum is scant of info. Check the "other" Raider forum

Default Found it.....

Quote Originally Posted by almost_there View Post
    This forum is scant of info. Check the "other" Raider forum

Quote Originally Posted by bluezuke860 View Post
    Fellas,

Regards,

Blue
    I finally gave up on finding the wires under the seat and ended up putting the module in the headlight assembly. Not the most secure location but it works.