My attempt at removing rear pillion

Thread: My attempt at removing rear pillion

Default My attempt at removing rear pillion

Hey all, I have been seeing the pics of Raiders with the rear pillion removed. I thought I would try it on my bike. Well I gotta tell ya it looks way better in person than the pictures. Then I had to figure out what to do with the bolt holes. Well I hit a few of the hardware stores, trying to find the flat chrome hole covers and came up empty. So I drop by the local Kragens auto parts store and found these license plate bolt covers, they are not my first choice but they do the trick for now. Looking for some feedback from my Raider brothers out there.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

Contributor

Nice, do they spin? And what color paint is that exactly?

that is the standard raider red "S", just my camera phone, and no they dont spin.....

5. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

What's up with phone pics???A buddy of mine just got the tins painted on his Valk...I saw them before the install and they were red...he sent me a pic of the bike together and magically the bike is brown?????I think they look sharp....are you planning to keep the seat off?If so why not remove the plastic films they slapped on there?

Default Nice!

RC,

REALLY DIG THE LOOK OF THE REAR SEAT BEING REMOVED. MY PLAN IS TO REMOVE THE REAR ALSO, AND HAVE A TAIL BIB MADE TO COVER THE FENDER. TAPERED TO MATCH THE FENDER.

YOU HAVE THE YOU TUBE VID THAT I HAVE IN MY FAV'S [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zw3h_jD0U38&feature=related"]YouTube - Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]

LOVE THE SOUND OF THE YOUR PIPES. I MOUNTED MY 2-1'S FRIDAY. CAN'T SAY ENOUGH ABOUT HOW THEY SOUND. WERE YOU PLANNING ON REMOVING THE BACKREST MOUNTS OR LEAVING THEM ON?

REMOVING THE REAR SEAT MAKES THE BIKE LOOK REALLY SLICK. THE PLATE BOLTS YOU USED ARE PRETTY NEAT ALSO, I NEVER WOULD HAVE THOUGHT ABOUT THAT.

GREAT JOB RC, KEEP UP THE MODS.

PILL
    PRPLPILL

AND YES,

Those license plate bolts sort of look like the wire wheel knock-off nuts on my Pops' 1960 Triumph TR3...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    '09 Yamaha Raider S
    '06 Suzuki Hayabusa
    '05 Triumph Thruxton
    '82 Honda CB900F SuperSport
    '70 Volvo 1800E

Johnny my dad had a TR 3 as well, unfortunately the car was gone by the time i was born...........Rhino, i had just finished putting the bolt covers on and hadnt washed the glue from the tape yet. Gonna do the suction cup on the pillion thing so that when the wife wants to go I can quickly get back to the two up setup.

Looks good, did a similar thing on my meanstreak, thankfully only a single hole tho.

I have to grow old but I don't have to grow up.

they turned out pretty good and a good inexpensive mod..

How safe is the suction cup mount for riding 2/up?.I really love the solo seat look with the bib.Will having a bib anyway interfere with the suction cup for bitch seat?
    Thanks guys. Awesome site,long time member just don`t say much here.

sppudzz

suction cups work great never had a problem since I have done it. I literally have to work to get the damn thing back off after using it. As far as the bib I can't tell you cause I do not run one it would have to come off to attach the passenger pillion and I am not sure how they are attached.
    PE Chrome Wheels/Hub/Pulley, 240 Avon Cobra Rear Tire, Oops "Snake" Front Fender, Cobra Slashdown Exhaust, 3" Forward Control Extension, Kuryakyn Chrome Levers/Caliper Covers/Master Cylinder Covers/Zombie Pegs/Zombie Brake and Shift Pegs/Turn Signal Mirrors/ISO Grips/Throttle Boss, PE Side Plate Mount, Webslinger Speedo Cover, Image Dynamics Integrated Tailight, Rear Fender Clean up, Decal Removal, Chrome Tank strip removal, Suction Cup Rear Seat, LED Light Kit, Stainless Cables and Lines

Thanks eian31 for the quick reply.I will get around to that mod soon.

sppudzz

Quote Originally Posted by eian31 View Post
    suction cups work great never had a problem since I have done it. I literally have to work to get the damn thing back off after using it. As far as the bib I can't tell you cause I do not run one it would have to come off to attach the passenger pillion and I am not sure how they are attached.
    Hey eian, do you have any pix you can post with the "suction pillion" on? Would like to see how it looks

Thanks!
    CaliGi
    09' Raven S - Avon Cobra front & rear(240), PR BAK, PC-V w/auto tune, VH BR 2-1, Corbin Hollywood Solo seat, Kuryakyn ISO grips, Cobra bungee knobs, Cobra drive belt guard, rear fender clean-up w/stealth turn signals F&R, Boulevard Windshield, Yami "low" quick release sissy bar w/Phantom pillion, Chrome wheels, Chrome swing-arm, Chrome pulley/hub & rear rotor cover, Polished front rotors & side mount plate!

Quote Originally Posted by eian31 View Post
    Eian I think the bib would be the easiest to change back and forth. They come with the plastic plugs that go in the holes your trying to cover. Just dont put the suction cups over the holes.. Wont suck. Or stick. Or hold, Dah
    I have to grow old but I don't have to grow up.

Clean way!!
    SEA-ROAR Member METZ 240 Club!! V&H BR 2 n 1!! PC-V!!! Baron's Big Air Kit!!!Intigrated tailight!! Side mount liscense plate!! Spike Air mod!!Chrome rims,hub and pulley!!PCS spring slam!!And a little paint!!Chrome whore!! Shiney side up!! Everyone knows the CUSTOM painted ones are the FASTEST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Oh ya and RSR.com 2009 R.O.Y.!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sppudzz View Post
    How safe is the suction cup mount for riding 2/up?.I really love the solo seat look with the bib.Will having a bib anyway interfere with the suction cup for bitch seat?
    Thanks guys. Awesome site,long time member just don`t say much here.

sppudzz
    Suction cups work well.....
    $50.00 on Ebay Made un "usa china" sddly just like everything else

You can also spend a $1.50 at walmart and just use the stock pillon. But hey I am cheap!!!
    PE Chrome Wheels/Hub/Pulley, 240 Avon Cobra Rear Tire, Oops "Snake" Front Fender, Cobra Slashdown Exhaust, 3" Forward Control Extension, Kuryakyn Chrome Levers/Caliper Covers/Master Cylinder Covers/Zombie Pegs/Zombie Brake and Shift Pegs/Turn Signal Mirrors/ISO Grips/Throttle Boss, PE Side Plate Mount, Webslinger Speedo Cover, Image Dynamics Integrated Tailight, Rear Fender Clean up, Decal Removal, Chrome Tank strip removal, Suction Cup Rear Seat, LED Light Kit, Stainless Cables and Lines

how do you attach the suction cups to the underside of the seat? would think the girlfriend would think twice about getting on back if she saw me put the seat on with suction cups!!

Veteran Member

Quote Originally Posted by hawk60ce View Post
    how do you attach the suction cups to the underside of the seat? would think the girlfriend would think twice about getting on back if she saw me put the seat on with suction cups!!
    My wife went ballistic! I could not believe her reaction! Been married 34 yrs and she's stupid enuf to think I wouldn't take care of her

so how do you atach the suction cups to the underside of the seat so it can be attached to the fender?

anyone?

Hawk, if you get the ones that have the metal hooks, take the hooks off and the rubber "tit" fits right in where the stock black cushions were.

Default tank bag

I used an old magnetic tank bag, and the seat fit in there perfect, i need to cut the zippers and stuff out(it was a tight fit though). my wife also freaked out but we rode it that way and it worked nicely. the underside of the tank bag is soft foam so it wont scratch either. not sure what the tank bag brand name is though.

rczap is correct I just used the cups with the metal hook on them and the tit on the suction cup can be squeezed into the hole where the black rubber bumpers are on the stock seat. Works Like a champ!

Default Question

Quote Originally Posted by busajack View Post
    Can you tell me if you painted all your chrome black your self? If so what did you use to do it? I cant tell you how good that looks. Also can you tell me what you used to cover the passenger holes up with.