Engine guard oil cooler

Thread: Engine guard oil cooler

Default Engine guard oil cooler

Check this idea out!!!!

Using Engine Guards as an Oil Cooler

by Steve
    Monday, February 28, 2005

The DIY Network aired an two-part episode explaining how to turn your engine guards (freeway bars) into an oil cooler.
    In the first two segments host Kevin Tetz flushed out the oil tank and created a magnetic drain plug for DIY's project 1965 Harley-Davidson Electra Glide. Expert mechanic Bill "Dunk" Dunkelberger joins him this segment and next to demonstrate how to create unique integrated homemade oil cooler with the engine guard.
    In the first part, Tezt drilled a hole in both ends of the engine guard. In the second episode he runs an oil line through the guard. Labels: Freeway Bars, Oil Coolers
    ROADKILL SEA-ROAR Member -

www.raiderraly.com

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

I saw that show it was on a year or so ago.I have seen several harleys with this mode.

I think the crash bar has to be connected side to side(or a continuous tube). I know the yamaha bars wont work maybe some of the cobras might.

With as much oil as the raider holds is getting hot a problem?

Using the engine guard as a cooler you actually add almost another quart of oil and because the guard is exposed to the open air away from the engine the bike should run even color than it does now. I live in Florida and it gets hot down here anything that helps - helps
    ROADKILL SEA-ROAR Member -

www.raiderraly.com