Boss Hoss and V8 Chopper at the drags

Thread: Boss Hoss and V8 Chopper at the drags

Lamonster

Default Boss Hoss and V8 Chopper at the drags

Wish I could mute out the noise in the background but the times and video is pretty cool.

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

Eagle should be proud that he now owns the Boss Hoss that kicked all their as--- with that 5.90 time in an eighth of a mile .

Jack
    Jack DeLelys......2000 Boss Hoss 350/400 HP

Lamonster

Quote Originally Posted by HogV8 View Post
    Eagle should be proud that he now owns the Boss Hoss that kicked all their as--- with that 5.90 time in an eighth of a mile .

Jack
    A 5.90 and a 5.97 is a pretty close race if you ask me.

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    A 5.90 and a 5.97 is a pretty close race if you ask me.

Yes , I agree that they would have been almost side by side thru the traps . I think they say that 1 full second difference is about 5 car lengths .

I wonder what Adrian was turning at the eight the time he turned 8.86 in the quarter with his 2 wheel SB ?

Jack
    Jack DeLelys......2000 Boss Hoss 350/400 HP

Lamonster

Quote Originally Posted by HogV8 View Post
    Yes , I agree that they would have been almost side by side thru the traps . I think they say that 1 full second difference is about 5 car lengths .

I wonder what Adrian was turning at the eight the time he turned 8.86 in the quarter with his 2 wheel SB ?

Jack
    Looks like a 5.6? http://www.eldemoniorojo.com/calculator.htm

Default Wow!

Did I see a BH Pull the Front Wheel???!!! I always wondered if it was possible.....Awsome sight!

Regis

Adrian, Once and for all will you put and end to this rumor
    of 8.86 in the 1/4 mile on a small bock hoss? Or if it is true
    I would like to hear it from you. I personally think is just
    another story that got enhanced as it was told over and over.

good going mike brian (sunrise)

look at my albums. click on small pic of me. then go to albums

Boss Hoss : Don't step off you'll go back to reality !!!

Quote Originally Posted by iowa57chevy View Post
    Adrian, Once and for all will you put and end to this rumor
    of 8.86 in the 1/4 mile on a small bock hoss? Or if it is true
    I would like to hear it from you. I personally think is just
    another story that got enhanced as it was told over and over.
    In 2001 I was at the strip where they were tuning top fuel dragsters and the strip was so sticky with VHT that it was hard to walk and keep your shoes on.
    I thought my bike would run in the 10's if the tranny would stay to gather.
    My plan was to do what I always did and that was to see how much spinning I would do by hammering it at the line then backing off, then ease back in it.

Best I can remember I nailed it and not a squeak so I hit the Nitrous almost immediately, and no tire spin. Power shifted into OD some where before the 1/8th but don't remember, and it just flew. I didn't know I had gone as fast as I had but it was hard to get stopped before the end.
    I had no clue what it did in the 1/8th but a 388 on the juice will go like crazy.

I was planning on rebuilding my tranny as soon as I got home so I didn't care if it blew up all over the place.

Time was 8.867 @ 156.200 MPH so that is my story and I am sticking to it. I had the time slip for a long time but it went with my motor-home when I sold it.

My personal feelings is if you can hook one up, like mine did, any Boss will scat like a scared bugger.

Adrian

People are lonely because they build Walls Instead of Bridges.

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian View Post
    In 2001 I was at the strip where they were tuning top fuel dragsters and the strip was so sticky with VHT that it was hard to walk and keep your shoes on.
    I thought my bike would run in the 10's if the tranny would stay to gather.
    My plan was to do what I always did and that was to see how much spinning I would do by hammering it at the line then backing off, then ease back in it.

Best I can remember I nailed it and not a squeak so I hit the Nitrous almost immediately, and no tire spin. Power shifted into OD some where before the 1/8th but don't remember, and it just flew. I didn't know I had gone as fast as I had but it was hard to get stopped before the end.
    I had no clue what it did in the 1/8th but a 388 on the juice will go like crazy.

I was planning on rebuilding my tranny as soon as I got home so I didn't care if it blew up all over the place.

Time was 8.867 @ 156.200 MPH so that is my story and I am sticking to it. I had the time slip for a long time but it went with my motor-home when I sold it.

My personal feelings is if you can hook one up, like mine did, any Boss will scat like a scared bugger.

Adrian
    Adrian, how about posting the picture of your gps for the newbees that have not seen it. I believe it showed 187mph.

Uda MAN!!

CR
    If it can't KILL you, then how much fun could it really be? The Retirement Plan, "Die Before Retirement"
    http://www.mountainbosshoss.com/
    http://www.vanquishv8.com/
    http://www.sabertoothmotorcycles.com/

Thanks Adrian, Just needed to hear it from you.

This is where you would be if you are going 65 to 70mph, go WOT and count to 10. I was going to count to 12 but it was so fast I Had to shut it down.

This is a Garmin GPS and I believe it is dead on. I didn't have time to look at the tach or anything else but the road. It was a couple of days latter when I found out that my GPS had a locked in max speed.

Adrian

Veteran Member

The fastest I had the Dragon going was 260ish km/h which translates to around 161 mph... and later, Barry and I discussed that it's possible my speedo is out of calibration by a small margin... so it could have been closer to 155ish mph.

What I did notice as the telephone poles looked like one continuous line (I think I held it there for about 7 or 8 miles... that even new roads... you'll find the imperfections... block long dips natural dips in the road - that come on like potholes at that speed would never even be noticed an normal highway speed. And another thing that I experienced for the first time is the 'sound pressure' of the wind at that speed. It's WAAAAY different than even at 100 mph. I have one of those Harley style batwing fairings on the Dragon... so not sure if that's why the wind behaved like it did.

With the adrenaline going through me... I could have pulled over, pounded back a 24 of beer and punched out a charging Rhinoceros!
    "Keep the magic alive!" He said.

Ric

My bike was brand new and 100%stock with a stock fuel pump and air cleaner plus a 120 Mph speed-o. When I closed the throttle the bike started slowing down, somewhere around 150mph I raised my foot up to apply the rear brake and my foot instantly blew off the foot peg. All the sudden I had one leg behind me, the other pushing as hard as I could and holding on for dear life. Around 120 my speed-o started moving and I was also able to pull foot back up to the peg.
    I have been over 150mph several times and found that the wheels seem to act like gyroscopes making it almost uncontrollable, of course I'm sure that I was probably are out of control anyway.

Trikes are a different story and I have tried a few times but the fastest I have been on mine was 122mph and it felt like twice that fast.

Adrian

Wound the Banana up to 135mph(140 indicated) on Saturday and at 55,000 miles with a couple of leaks and nearly 12000 miles on the tires, it still was a ton of fun. My NOS can was empty so no NOS was used. Wanted to go 160, but I shut it down as it looked like there was a cop car coming toward me. Luckily it was a civilizian in a Mercury, not a cop. Was on a back road in Byron, near Tracy and Norm was on the Rune fading in the distance behind me. Yes...sound changes dramatically, even behind windshield and the steering stabilizer installed on the right side of my bike eliminated much of the wobble effect I had experienced in the past while doing this.

Veteran Member Robert Eagle Carnahan's Avatar

Mike Kelly told me about that day at the track that he was having a VERY ard time getting the Beast to hook up. If you look at the vids you can tell that most of the time it's blasting the rear tire loose, with the possible exception of the time it lifted the front tire. I'd love to find out what the Beast would do if it hooked up like Adrians bike did with the Tom "The Mans" modifications to the trans. On the street, you can imagine the prospects of tire spin. Not good in traffic! After all, she ain't called "The Beast" for nothin'!!!

EAGLE!!!!!

Fly to Ride! Ride to Fly!
    CW4 Eagle Carnahan (Retired)
    Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. ~ Einstein ~