A Sad Loss.....

Thread: A Sad Loss.....

Default A Sad Loss.....

Good morning to all of our friends and brothers in the Boss Hoss Community. A week ago my partner and dear friend lost his life to cancer. Donnie Robinson who along with me owned Boss Hoss of New Orleans and after Katrina moved to Dania Beach Florida to reopen as Boss Hoss of South Florida.
    Donnie fought a brave and couragious battle but it was too much and he couldn't overcome it.
    It is a blessing that he want have the pain he had to endure for so long.
    We were in the middle of trying to rebuild our damaged inventory of bikes and a turbine race boat. With this in mind I am Florida at this time and going to sell our inventory as it sits. I live in New Orleans still raising my 12 year old twin boy's and am sadly but under the circumstances have to sell everything.
    You are all a great group of people and I appreciate the support and being a part of a true family. I will be listing the bikes in the classified section later this morning for any of you that are interested in possibly purchasing any of the bikes. I have 3 trikes and two 502's. Each bike is in different stages of repair and I welcome all questions and offers.
    Thanks for your recent prayers for Donnie..He loved all of you and loved the Boss Hoss bike. I join him in his passion and feelings.
    Take Care,

Jerry Blake
    turbinebiker@aol.com
    C) 504-610-0788

2. Remove Advertisements
    MyBikeForums.com
    Advertisements

Default Re: A Sad Loss.....

Jerry;

Thank You for letting us share your grief, and Honor Donnie's memory.

Prayers sent for all.

Yep, sorry to hear about that.

stu

We are very sorry to hear about Donnie. We wish only the best for you and your boys.

Hoss and Sue

We sure can't feel your pain so all we can do is pray and hope for the best for you, his family and many friends.
    Will do what we can from the Left coast.

Adrian

People are lonely because they build Walls Instead of Bridges.

Veteran Member

Jerry;

I feel your pain as I lost my son-in-law to brain cancer this past January.

Our prayers go out to you and his family and many friends... :(

tom

Thoughts and prayers sent for Donnie's family from South Texas.

Darryl
    Darryl Campbell

Veteran Member

Sorry about losing your partner/best friend to cancer. I have been battling cancer for almost 5 years now and I am in my fourth go around with it, but I am going to beat it again. If it is not too painful, what type of cancer did he have?
    Whoever said winning isn't everything --- never had cancer!

Our prayers are with his family and friends....So Sorry for your loss

Ciao
    Giancarlo
    Ride Smart
    V8 Chopper
    V8 Choppers* If you don't have fun on a V8 Motorcycle...GIVE UP !
    my web site's HOTRODELVIS.COM & bighornvalleyranch.com

Veteran Member

Hey Jerry.

Jeez, life sure takes it's turn on our Souls... that it does. I can truly appreciate the loss of such a friend. Both a great friend and biz partner... and the 'every day things' you guys did all the time.

To loose a friend or family member to a debilitating disease... is one of life's most unfair deals. But it's what we have to deal with. It's a 'double-whammy' to have to sell off the Boss business too. I'm guessing they are related situations...

Yet one more chapter in the lives we all lead... right?

I'm just a stranger with an understanding of these things we all endure. And like all others... hope we get more good things happening than the 'not-so-good' things going down.

Now I'm a subscriber to the Boss Hoss world... I'll certainly meet people that know you and Donnie... I'll hear the stories, I'm certain. But more important... I'll eventually catch up with you, and if it's your gig... I'll hoist one with you in the near future.
    "Keep the magic alive!" He said.

SOrry for your loss man...seems like its a queue on here of good people we miss checking out...Y'all in our thoughts and prayers..

Jerry

I am truly sorry to hear of Donnies passing, and to hear that you are having to sell everything. I am the guy that was in New Orleans after Katrina and passed by your place of business every day until you were able to finally get in there and salvage what was left of your business. To now be dealt another blow like this is a real tragedy. my heart goes out to you and his families.
    I have raised a set of twin boys myself that are now 26 yrs old.
    Katrina is still affecting lives today and that was 3 years ago. I finally signed the bankruptcy papers this week as a result of that storm. I am ready to put the last 3 years of my life behind me and start fresh.
    You will do the same and we will both rise above this and we will be stronger for it all.

Terry
    Terry Evans.
    Light travels faster than sound. That's why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Veteran Member Robert Eagle Carnahan's Avatar

Brother Jerry,

I am so sorry for your loss. Please send our condolences to his family. Best of luck with your liquidation and for a sppedy financial recovery Bro'.

EAGLE!!!!!

Fly to Ride! Ride to Fly!
    CW4 Eagle Carnahan (Retired)
    Weakness of attitude becomes weakness of character. ~ Einstein ~

Prayers sent, very sorry to hear the loss of your friend

Chuck

2006 BOSS HOSS
    97 Honda Valkyrie - Hers
    98 Honda Valkyrie Tourer- Mine
    7 English Mastiffs (our Kids)
    www.windfallmastiffs.com

I truly appreciate all of your kind words and thoughts of encouragement. I am hopefully going to list the bikes and parts tommorrow in the classified section. It has been a long two weeks and have been sorting out all of the details and parts. I am also in the process of selling a 46 ft cat turbine boat that is 60% complete. I have two T-58 G.E. turbines that would fit great on one of those choppers..LOL! Extend the frame..point the exhaust and away we go..any ideas guys???
    I apologize for the extended delay in getting back on but wanted to thank each and every one of you for your thought's. To my buddy Terry...hang in there brother..you are not alone! I applaud you for your courage and willingness to not give up ! We will all be back, stronger and better than ever before.
    You are all a great group of guy's and again Thank You !

Jerry Blake
    BH New Orleans