: 2 Speed transmissions, Vanquish, Boss, V8 Choppers.

Elvis (Hemicide)
03-12-2011, 03:48 PM
Not counting the final drives.
The Boss Hoss has a very tall 1st gear, and then an Overdrive second.
The Vanquish has a medium first gear, and then a direct drive second.
The V8 Choppers will be more similar to which one in gearing?

Toastie
03-12-2011, 04:33 PM
Great question elvis,

also, have you or anyone else changed gearing by changing sprockets? The same would apply to all the v8 bikes?

Harold Blocker
03-12-2011, 05:53 PM
On my 2001 SB, I changed my front pulley from 34 tooth to 32 tooth. This puts it like all stock BB's and the late model small blocks. Decreased top speed slightly in low gear, but improved acceleration.

V8Chopper
03-12-2011, 05:56 PM
Elvis,

The V8 Chopper transmission and the Vanquish transmission are very similar.

David

Grand Canard
03-12-2011, 09:37 PM
The V8 Chopper transmission and the Vanquish transmission are very similar.

David

David, the Chopper is and will continue to be a single speed.

TJzz4
03-12-2011, 10:41 PM
Ricky.. He is talking about the new 2 speed trans by V8 Choppers.

SQ4MN
03-13-2011, 07:20 AM
The Chopper will continue to have the single speed transmission it has now. The new touring bike will have the new 2 speed transmission transmission and a swing arm suspension.

Grand Canard
03-13-2011, 03:33 PM
The Chopper will continue to have the single speed transmission it has now. The new touring bike will have the new 2 speed transmission transmission and a swing arm suspension

Is it a touring trike, or touring bike?? Many people still under impression that the Chopper is getting a 2 speed.
Big difference between a bike and trike, Boss Hoss has actual powerglide transmission too, only it is for their line of trikes.
My point, a trike is not a bike; a trike is a cycle, but not a bike.
Not trying to pick a fight either as I love the chopper and will own a real special ultra fast custom chopper soon.

randy burkey
03-13-2011, 03:39 PM
from what I have read here is V-8 choppers has a complete new touring bike with the new 2 speed trans and swingarm suspension..it is a bike but different model than the chopper

Harold Blocker
03-13-2011, 04:05 PM
This was posted by David early on. Maybe it was missed!

http://www.mybikeforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=226194&postcount=24

Toastie
03-13-2011, 04:41 PM
Ricky,

I just checked out Stans site.

It shows a pic of the new touring trike.
It looks like he hasnt posted a picture of the new touring bike yet is all.

Although the write ups on all the individual products dont show the tranny or its optional tranny availability, I suppose he will update that soon too.

The pic of the tranny looks real sweet nonetheless.

Giancarlo Cuciz
03-13-2011, 04:51 PM
There is not a picture of Stans new touring bike, BECAUSE it has not been built yet. He is going to build a bike around the new 2 speed transmission.

Stans Chopper and trike will remain the same with the same transmissions they are now useing.. The new 2 speed transmission is only for the new touring bike he has not built yet. And the new 2 speed will not retro fit into a Boss Hoss.

I hope this answers all the questions and makes it more clear. ?????

Ciao
Giancarlo
Ride Smart

Grand Canard
03-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Just spoke with David Ward and was told what some of you have already been saying; there will be a new "Touring Bike" that will have a 2 speed. This touring bike has not yet been made, but is under construction.
Can't wait to see it!!

CarlLaFong
03-13-2011, 08:08 PM
I cannot believe the confusion. Here's a short synopsis for those with ADD and dyslexia

Stan has a new two speed.
It is all new
It is not the old VR-2 unit
It's not a BH replacement.
It is for a new, yet to be built, touring BIKE
It is not a TRIKE trans
V8 Chopper bikes will retain the one speed (chopper style BIKES only)
V8 Chopper TRIKES have and will have Powerglides
BH TRIKES have GM Turbo Hydramatics not PGs
All factory V8 BIKES and TRIKES have different transmissions
Stan will not sell you a two speed transmission unless it is attached to a new touring BIKE

IBUILDM
03-13-2011, 08:54 PM
How simple is THAT .......:shocked:

Gaston 2005 502
03-13-2011, 09:27 PM
Amazing isn't it,,,

NcChopper
03-13-2011, 11:11 PM
Funny, Carl!

Harold Blocker
03-13-2011, 11:15 PM
Carl, be ready, because someone will start the stupid rant all over again! Someone once said, "None is so blind as he who WILL NOT see."

SQ4MN
03-14-2011, 02:18 AM
I have ordered the first touring bike for myself. I also took orders in Daytona for 3 more touring bikes including one for Bolss Hoss John who is the present owner of KABOOM. If you want all the info that is available or you want to place an order I would be happy to talk to you. My number is 702 592 8052. Dave

CanuckHoss
03-14-2011, 10:33 AM
I have ordered the first touring bike for myself. I also took orders in Daytona for 3 more touring bikes including one for Bolss Hoss John who is the present owner of KABOOM. If you want all the info that is available or you want to place an order I would be happy to talk to you. My number is 702 592 8052. Dave

Dave,

People are placing orders on an unknown looking bike?? that is a huge leap of faith...and I am not knocking them or the bike...that is very good for both parties involved.

Stan and you guys must be giving a very descriptive vision of the new bike???

SQ4MN
03-14-2011, 10:59 AM
Barry, Its not as hard as you think. We had the trans there on display hooked to a display engine. You could see the swing arm bearings and how smooth and large they are, I could explain how the belt or chain (your choice) does not get tight or loose as the swing arm moves. You could see the quality of the castings and the machined parts and I could explain its features. I was able to to give the buyers a vision of what the bike would basicly look like. We had a bunch of new bikes and trikes for awhile before they were sold and some remained with us for the whole show until they are shipped to the new owners. The crowds were amazed at the quality and overall finish of all the bikes. It was not hard to sell the new bike based on what I could explain to them about it. People go into Ferrari dealers all the time and order the next model not knowing what it will look like but based on the quality of the past. I would rather not be a V8 salesman on this site that's why I gave out my cell number for anyone with any questions. Dave

roadpop1
03-14-2011, 11:05 AM
After seeing the trans hooked up to a Dart engine,and Dave describing how the new bike will look, If I was looking for a touring type bike, I would order one, When you see the new trans, my first thought was, If Stan can design and built one, how come the other bike builders can't?

quote=CanuckHoss;226973]Dave,

People are placing orders on an unknown looking bike?? that is a huge leap of faith...and I am not knocking them or the bike...that is very good for both parties involved.

Stan and you guys must be giving a very descriptive vision of the new bike???[/quote]

Grand Canard
03-14-2011, 06:50 PM
People are placing orders on an unknown looking bike?? that is a huge leap of faith...

I agree with you but,............ be willing to wager it will be a work of art by judging his current chopper and trike; besides, money grows on trees. hehe